Head of Social Action with skills and experience of strategic planning and implementation, warm and effective verbal and written communication who is an original thinker and an innovator is required for a brand new non-teaching role for a well-established Senior School that is all about getting the very best – intellectually, personally and spiritually from the young people it is privileged to care for.
This is a unique and very exciting opportunity for a dedicated individual passionate about global citizenship, environmental action, volunteering, charity support and community service to work in a school, in a non-teaching role, to support the students to become change-makers in the world.
SALARY: £25,575 - £26,972 FTE / £23,571 - £24,859 pro rata
LOCATION: York, North Yorkshire
JOB TYPE: Part-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 Hours per Week, Term Time Only plus 5 additional working weeks (to be used predominantly in support of social action activities in the Easter and Summer holidays)
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once you’ve applied, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Head of Social Action with skills and experience of strategic planning and implementation, warm and effective verbal and written communication who is an original thinker and an innovator.
Working as the Head of Social Action you will provide – and develop further – a comprehensive and effective programme of social action opportunities for students, that inspires, galvanises and equips them to become change-makers in the world, with reference to the Quaker Testimonies of integrity, equality, simplicity, community, stewardship of the earth, and peace.
As the Head of Social Action you will forge connections with social issue groups and promote social action at the school with parents, and beyond school on social media and through newsletters, press articles etc.
Specific areas covered as the Head of Social Action will include:
- Volunteering & Community Service
- Good honours degree (or equivalent)
- Skills in and experience of strategic planning and implementation
- Considerable knowledge of, and genuine interest in Social Action
- Emotional intelligence in building and maintaining quality relationships
- A warm, effective communicator both in person and on paper
- Ability to demonstrate personal authority and integrity
- Clear understanding of the principles and practices of a Quaker education, and a willingness to embrace, reflect and model those in the context of this role
- Experience of successfully, creatively and supportively leading and developing teams
- Experience of efficiently organising major events and galvanising others to help
- Experience of effective social media use
- Evidence of being an original thinker and an innovator
- Laughs a lot, possesses ‘a life’ as well as a generous spirit and has learned effective ways to safeguard own wellbeing
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and other safeguarding checks.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6493
Part-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in York, North Yorkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk