Head of IT Development / Director of Software Engineering that has excellent team leadership, programme / project management skills with experience deploying large scale projects within an agile environment is required for a well-established, Global Market Leading Company based in Stockport, Manchester, Lancashire, North West England.
SALARY: £75,000 - £90,000 + Bonus + Car Allowance + Benefits (Private Healthcare, Generous Life Insurance, Pension with Company Contribution, Free Parking)
** Join a Global Market Leading Company **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Head of IT Development / Director of Software Engineering that has excellent team leadership, programme / project management skills with experience deploying large scale projects within an agile environment.
Working as the Head of IT Development / Director of Software Engineering you’ll report to the US based COO and will embrace full accountability for leading your teams, driving continuous improvement in all aspects of the engineering organisation and for delivering projects.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
This Global Market Leading Company has a proud track record of numerous industry firsts and has an ambitious technology roadmap to ensure they maintain their leading position.
The US market leaders for ten years, they’ve assumed the same position in the UK over the last three years and are now looking to strengthen that position significantly, while developing new markets across Europe and the Middle East.
As a successful applicant you will have a great opportunity to join this Global Market Leading Company that can offer excellent career development opportunities and the chance to work with some of the latest technologies.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Head of IT Development / Director of Software Engineering:
- Deploying new technologies / methodologies and best practice in an Agile environment
- Providing innovative and creative thinking in meeting the business goals
- Managing resources whilst collaborating with Product Teams on prioritising delivery of their customer commitments
- Driving productivity by managing key metrics
- Organisational leadership including mentoring/developing individuals and teams
- Organisational acumen, balancing the goals and needs of the operating unit with the goals of the Global COO and the wider organisation
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
As the Head of IT Development / Director of Software Engineering you will have the following skills and experience:
- Leading teams developing commercial software solutions, with previous experience gained within a senior leadership position
- Experience with a service oriented architecture and Agile development
- Analysing technology trends and market demands to plan projects and develop the technology roadmap
- Forecasting and managing budgets
- Maintaining knowledge of new technologies to improve operations
- Substantial experience in at least three of the following areas:
- Large-scale web application development
- HTML5, CSS3, and Responsive Design using media queries
- Web application security
- SOAP or RESTFUL web services
- LAMP stack or J2EE environment
- SQL, including the use of aggregate functions and complex joins
- Apache or other web server configuration including SSL
- Mobile Application development for IOS or Android
- Message Oriented Middleware, e.g. RabbitMQ
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Full-Time, Permanent Senior Technical Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in Stockport, Manchester, Lancashire, North West England
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk