HR Manager / Head of Human Resources with experience of managing a business focused, generalist HR service, who is highly organised with excellent attention to detail and good communication skills, is required for a well-established Housing Organisation based in Poole, Dorset, South West England.
SALARY: £43,857 - £48,877 pro rata + Benefits
BENEFITS: Local Government Pension Scheme, Generous Holiday Allowance, Free Parking and the opportunity to work remotely for part of the week
LOCATION: Poole, Dorset
JOB TYPE: Full-Time (37 hours per week), 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an HR Manager / Head of Human Resources with experience of managing a business focused, generalist HR service, who is highly organised with excellent attention to detail and good communication skills.
The organisation is seeking a highly effective HR Manager / Head of Human Resources to join a small HR team, reporting to the Interim Director of Resources, providing cover for a secondment.
In this hand-on role, the HR Manager / Head of Human Resources will lead, manage and deliver a comprehensive generalist HR function to the business covering all aspects of operational HR and, as a key member of the leadership team, actively contribute strategically through the identification of emerging issues and opportunities, while supporting the organisation through a period of change.
In return, the organisation will give you a rewarding job, a fantastic working environment in a lovely location with the opportunity to work remotely for part of the week, great colleagues and excellent benefits including free parking and a superb pension scheme.
Your duties as the HR Manager / Head of Human Resources will include:
- Provide a comprehensive and effective generalist HR service to the business
- Regular review of the Staff Handbook, monitor upcoming changes to legislation and advise on any potential impact for the business
- Act as strategic business partner to the Senior Management and Heads of Service Teams, for all people-related issues
- Lead on equality, diversity and inclusion, delivering equality of opportunity for all and striving to ensure that ED&I is at the forefront across the business
- Provide HR metrics and KPI data for performance monitoring and external benchmarking
- Support and advise managers and staff at all levels
- Act as company liaison for communication with Unions
- Maintain accurate employee data in accordance with GDPR
- Lead on the use of the eLearning Portal as part of a wider Learning and Development strategy
- Ensure congruity between organisation development and HR strategy, in the achievement of short, medium and long term organisational goals
- Participate as a member of the Heads of Service team
- Take the lead, and/or provide support and guidance, on large scale change programmes
- Support the acquisition and transfer of knowledge and skills at all levels, i.e. individual, team, cross-team, strategic management and senior management
- Line management of the Assistant HR Adviser post
- Leading a generalist HR function, at both strategic and operational levels
- Educated to Degree level or suitably qualified by experience
- Chartered Membership of CIPD/CIPD Level 5 or above desirable
- Strategic planning and ability to align HR and OD initiatives
- Work effectively with people at all levels with the ability to quickly build relationships, inspire confidence and motivate people
- Excellent verbal and written communications, collaboration, conflict management, negotiation, facilitation, coaching and presentation skills
- Organised and methodical with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to work flexibly, prioritise effectively, manage conflicting demands and meet deadlines
- Computer literate (MS Office; HR systems; eLearning)
- Excellent knowledge across all aspects of a generalist HR function including:
- Current employment legislation, procedure and best practice
- Employee relations including Union liaison
- Talent acquisition and succession planning
- Equality and diversity
- Learning and development
- Performance management and improvement
- Absence management
- Key performance indicators and metrics
- TUPE and redundancy
- Organisational development theory and practice
- A self-starter, able to work on own initiative
- Calm and effective under pressure
- Empathetic, tactful and sensitive
- Passionate about equality and diversity
- Ability to attend occasional evening or off-site meetings
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C6436
Full Time Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Poole, Dorset, South West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk