Head of Finance & Procurement with previous experience in an accounting role and the ability to operate at a strategic and operational level is required for a well-established organisation based in Central London.
This is a critical position within the senior leadership team.
SALARY: £55,000 - £60,000 per annum
LOCATION: Central London
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Head of Finance & Procurement with previous experience in an accounting role and the ability to operate at a strategic and operational level.
The organisation is in the final phase of a multi-year programme of strategic change to future-proof the business, including diversifying sources of income, upgrading the digital infrastructure, office processes and systems and starting their journey on carbon accounting.
Working as a Head of Finance & Procurement you will be a qualified accountant who will be responsible for the development of financial strategy, long term financial forecast, management accounts, reports, organisational performance and framework as part of a dynamic senior leadership team.
As a Head of Finance & Procurement you will be taking overall responsibility for the financial management, risk management, procurement and compliance functions of the company and capable of thinking strategically and being hands-on.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your role as Head of Finance & Procurement will include:
- Provide inspirational leadership and take responsibility for the financial management and direction of the company, including supporting the development of strategy, operational plans, long-term financial planning as part of the senior leadership team
- Play an active role in the planning and implementation of the organisation’s long term strategic goals and its delivery
- Lead and coordinate all financial reporting, including forecast, budgets, management accounts, reconciliation of financial data
- Produce the consolidated annual budget and half year forecast to timescales
- Produce ad hoc project budgets for funding applications and project/ fund reports
- Maintain month-end close time-table and schedule of balance sheet reconciliations with supporting links
- Accountable for the timely production of monthly management accounts
- Deliver the consolidated year-end statutory accounts
- Responsible for HRMC Quarterly VAT returns
- Principal contact and administrative support to professional advisors for example pension, insurance, investment and legal advice
- Provide assistance on tender invites and assessments
- Annually review the procurement policy and procedures
- Responsible for the risk management framework and maintaining the Corporate Risk Register
- Provide oversight for all mandates and their alignment with the Scheme of Delegation
- Submit on-line financial annual returns to Charity Commission England & Wales, and OSCR in Scotland as well as Companies House
- To coach and mentor the Senior Finance Officer by knowledge sharing, training and on the job development
- A qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA, CIPFA) and an active member of a professional body/network
- Extensive experience of providing financial leadership and oversight in organisations
- Demonstrable experience of leading change, building organisational capability, and driving performance and inclusion, in a people positive manner
- Experience of leading and co-ordinating organisation-wide business plans, monitoring and evaluating performance in line with financial resources
- Knowledge of charity governance and company law and regulatory bodies returns relating to charity and company finances and governance
- Knowledge of financial regulations, including statutory accounting, budgeting, forecasting management reporting and cash management
- Experience being a business partner to the CEO and Leadership Team members
- Ability to successfully interact with the Board and other key stakeholders and lead presentations to the Board and sub committees on financial matters
- Recent experience of producing annual consolidated statutory accounts, in compliance with FRS102 and supporting external and internal audits
- Experience of managing grant funding and producing reports for funders/partnership organisations
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work well across all levels of the organisation
- Strong problem solving and ability to make decisions based on analysis of information
- Excellent IT skills and experience of using various accounting packages such as Sage50
- An entrepreneurial and commercial attitude with a focus on raising performance to achieve ambitious objectives
- Intellectual rigor with the ability to absorb complex information and communicate this succinctly and effectively to expert and non- expert audiences
- Strategic thinker combined with excellent attention to detail
- A positive approach with a strong sense of team and a calm persona
- Solutions focused with the ability to work with competing priorities and deliver to tight deadlines
- Experience of working in a membership organisation
- Experience of working in the voluntary/charity sector and knowledge of Charity SORP
- Project management experience and using monitoring tools e.g. Monday.com or similar
- Understanding of CRM systems
- Procurement and contract management experience
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6796
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Central London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk