Head of Facilities Management & Purchasing / Procurement Manager that has previous facilities management and procurement experience with excellent organisational and management skills with experience working in cross functional teams with senior management is required for a well-established Company based in Reading, Berkshire.
SALARY: Competitive + Generous Benefits + Discretionary Bonus Scheme
LOCATION: Reading, Berkshire
JOB TYPE: Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Head of Facilities Management & Purchasing / Procurement Manager that has previous facilities management and procurement experience with excellent organisational and management skills with experience working in cross functional teams with senior management.
Working as the Head of Facilities Management & Purchasing / Procurement Manager you will be responsible for the agreed strategic direction and ongoing management of Facilities Management Procurement (FMP) across all the offices.
As the Head of Facilities Management & Purchasing / Procurement Manager, you will also manage supplier relationships as well as devising and implementing policies and procedures to enable the provision of a FMP service. The role reports to the Chief Operating Officer, and requires working with senior management, function heads and local leadership and well as the FMP Manager.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your other duties and responsibilities as the Head of Facilities Management & Purchasing / Procurement Manager:
- Lead on policies, practices and initiatives that meet organisational needs and quality standards, support managers, and achieve value for money in respect of:
- Sourcing new properties as leases expire, and working with senior management on property strategy
- Rent agreements/renewals/services charges
- Office security, management, preventative maintenance, supplies, cleaning services and waste management liaising with third party suppliers where applicable
- Consideration of smarter working methodology to maximise space efficiency, and efficient use of property portfolio
- Facilities Management including project management of office moves and ensuring sites meet statutory compliance requirements
- Working with other business functions including Risk, Finance, HR and IT to ensure appropriate policies and practices with regard to:
- Health and Safety
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans
- Routine supplier payment
- Be the Procurement Lead, and have responsibility for:
- Benchmarking and purchase reviews and retendering of relevant contracts.
- Lead negotiation of commercials and contract terms of service agreements, working with the Legal team
- Manage relationships with suppliers, including process and value improvements with senior internal stakeholders to improve best practice and regular reporting of supplier performance
- Responsible for FMP budget
- Ensuring that the in-house services to internal customers are provided to a high standard at all times and meet agreed service levels
- Manage and develop FMP Manager
- Visit other office locations on an “as needs” and rolling programme
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to travel in UK with occasional overnights
Previous relevant experience
- Previous FMP background and experience is essential
- Demonstrable experience in a professional purchasing role with excellent sourcing and contract management skills within FMP
- Experience of sourcing properties, managing office moves and agreeing commercial terms
- Working in cross functional teams and with senior management
- Implementation of continuous improvement
- Management of third party suppliers
- Ability to work effectively with staff at all levels
- Ability to influence and challenge senior management, and to develop and implement strategies and policies as appropriate
- Attention to detail, and able to use data to support key decision making
- Leading contract tendering process and supplier relationship management
- Monitoring performance/compliance against agreed standards and addressing any variance.
- Strong commercial acumen to drive cost savings
- Evidence of translating corporate plans into deliverable objectives
- PRINCE2 (or similar) project management methodology
- Diploma in Management Studies (DMS) or equivalent management qualification
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4967
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Reading, Berkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk