Head of Campaigns / Senior Marketing Manager that has excellent leadership, planning, project coordination skills with experience delivering complex communication campaigns for a range of audiences in a multi-channel environment is required for the National Lottery Promotions Unit based in London.
SALARY: £42,000 - £48,000 per annum plus Generous Benefits (see below)
- First Round Interview: 1st March 2018
- Second Round Interview: 6th March 2018
The National Lottery Promotions Unit is a small team responsible for promoting positive public awareness of National Lottery funding and the good cause projects it supports.
This is a senior role within the team and as the Head of Campaigns / Senior Marketing Manager (known within our organisation as the Head of Campaigns) you will lead one of the National Lottery Promotions Unit’s UK-wide campaigns.
As the Head of Campaigns / Senior Marketing Manager you will tasked with devising and delivering a full campaign plan to raise awareness of National Lottery funding against agreed objectives. The role will also be responsible for a small team.
National Lottery players have raised an amazing £37 billion since 1994. Here at National Lottery Good Causes, our role is to highlight, celebrate and showcase the amazing impact National Lottery funding has had on the UK, thanks to you.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Head of Campaigns / Senior Marketing Manager:
- Research target audiences, trends in their behaviour and identify impactful, engaging and innovative ways of reaching them
- Develop a set of objectives for your UK-wide campaign and evaluation criteria that go towards meeting the National Lottery Promotions Unit’s objectives, agreeing them with the National Lottery Promotions Unit Director, Management Board and senior stakeholders
- Involve National Lottery stakeholders, including distributors, Camelot and DCMS, in the development of campaign plans – drawing on their funding expertise and best practice in communications
- Liaise with National Lottery funded projects to involve them in campaigns and to identify their life changing stories for use across The National Lottery’s channels
- Work across other National Lottery Promotions Unit projects and be a key member of the National Lottery Promotions Unit’s Senior Management Team, working with the Unit's Director to set high standards and maintain a positive, can-do culture in a high performing unit
- Line manage two Campaign Managers, inspiring and supporting them to realise their potential and to deliver against their objectives, the campaign and wider National Lottery Promotions Unit targets
- Innovate across digital and traditional media so that the National Lottery Promotions Unit is at the cutting edge of industry best practice, fully exploiting the wide range of ways of communicating with National Lottery players
- Develop any web presence to support your campaign, writing a full specification and liaising with web and design agencies, if required
- Lead on the creation of digital content for your campaign by commissioning photography, infographics, film and other content
- Draft tender documents, running procurement exercises to identify external suppliers to support your campaign, overseeing high quality work from them and ensuring excellent value for money
- Be responsible for all your campaign spend, forecasting and accounting for it in line with the Big Lottery Fund's financial standards.
As the Head of Campaigns / Senior Marketing Manager you will have the following skills and experience:
- An impressive record of achievement in at least one senior communications role
- Significant experience of leading, planning, co-ordinating and delivering complex communications campaigns for a range of audiences in a multi-channel environment
- Strong practical experience of content development, media relations, digital media, event management, filming, market research and insight, branding, evaluation and website development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and developed negotiation, organisational and influencing skills
- Significant experience of managing external suppliers and budgets and a track record of selecting and helping agencies to deliver high quality work, within deadline and to budget
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, a proven ability to influence senior stakeholders and an understanding of the challenges of working with large and small charities
- Attention to detail, advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- A strong ability to think creatively and to encourage others to
- Writes well for a range of materials from web copy to content for social channels, media articles and press materials
- A keen interest in and excellent knowledge of recent developments in digital and traditional media
- Experience of running large scale procurement exercises to public sector standards
- A good understanding of modern communications evaluation techniques and experience of commissioning research to inform a communications campaign
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office (MS Word, Outlook and Excel)
BENEFITS FOR YOU
We seek to develop our staff and offer a wide range of personal development opportunities.
We offer a wide range of generous benefits including:
- Generous annual leave and company pension scheme
- Flexible working to support staff with their work/life balance, taking into account things such as caring responsibilities, worship and attendance at religious festivals
- Enhanced paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Season ticket and cycle to work loans
We are an equal opportunities employer and celebrate the diversity of our staff. We positively encourage applications from individuals regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We also offer opportunities for part-time employment. We welcome applicants who can speak a second language.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details.
JOB REF: AWDO-P3961
This vacancy is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of the National Lottery Promotions Unit
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Recruitment in London