Hairdressing Teacher / Hairdresser Trainer (Lecturer, Tutor & Assessor) with Salon experience required by a leading specialist vocational college based in London.
SALARY: £25,000 - £29,000 pro rata
WORKING HOURS: 20 Hours per Week
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Hairdressing Teacher / Hairdresser Trainer (Lecturer, Tutor & Assessor) with Salon experience and a teaching and assessors qualification.
Working as the Hairdressing Teacher / Hairdresser Trainer (Lecturer, Tutor & Assessor) you will be responsible for a number of learners / students in the capacity of both tutor and assessor.
As the Hairdressing Teacher / Hairdresser Trainer (Lecturer, Tutor & Assessor) you are to support and guide the learners / students at all time to ensure that the learning is fun, interesting, relevant, challenging and appropriate.
Your responsibilities as the Hairdressing Teacher / Hairdresser Trainer (Lecturer, Tutor & Assessor) will include guiding and supporting the learners / students through the assessments, providing effective verbal and written feedback to ensure learners / students develop their skills and have a clear understanding on their ILP goals and targets and what is required of them to successfully complete their programme and progress into either further learning or sustainable employment.
You will also be working within a team to help develop the course in terms of both the delivery strategies and current techniques/expectations.
Successful candidates will have a great opportunity to join a well-established, leading specialist vocational college. The college achieved an OFSTED Grade 2 (Good) during its last inspection and holds the matrix Standard.
The college is open all year and operates without term breaks. Courses start throughout the year and learners can enrol and start their course during any month of the year.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
- Deliver and support learning through formal scheduled high quality teaching on subjects from the range of Hairdressing and Hair and Media Make-Up courses ranging from Level 1, 2 and 3 Diplomas
- Achieve and be fully committed to the College’s retention and achievement rates of 92% retention and success
- Obtain a consistent record of ‘Good’ observation grades (in line with OFSTED expectations) and aspire to achieve ‘Outstanding’ performance
- Correctly complete registration documents at the beginning of each session and keep these updated
- Report accurately on the progress of both individuals and groups and to forward these to the relevant Programme Manager on a monthly basis
- Have a fully completed lesson plan before each lesson, evaluation to be completed after the lesson
- Engage all learners in the planning and delivery of lessons, ensuring that differentiation strategies and techniques are employed in all sessions
- Thoroughly guide learners through their portfolio building and development at all stages of the course, completing units when all the evidence has been assessed and achieved
- Contribute towards the management of learning programmes and to ongoing curriculum development
- Flexible, working evenings and Saturdays when scheduled or required
- Prepare learners for and monitor them during promotional activities and external events
- Act as a group tutor to more than one tutor group at a time, if required.
- Accurately track all written assessments and practical assessments for your tutor group
- Ensure effective continuous assessment and action planning of learners portfolios throughout their programme and final assessment within the agreed two week time limit, ready for final IV.
- Hand in sampling to the IV throughout the life of the programme
- Work with and liaise with your Internal Verifier and provide requested sample on time
- Assess and mark learners assignments, tests and examinations
- Assess all units on both VRQ/NVQ levels 1, 2 and 3 and to assess in other areas from time to time (if you have the additional appropriate qualifications)
- Practical assessments must be carried out efficiently and to time, as the salon can become very busy and the volume of clients can be high
- Adhere to the standards, specifications and standardisation of techniques and procedures as set out for Beauty Therapy for teaching both practical and theory sessions
- Take part and complete all standardisation exercises as handed out and monitored by the IV Team
- Invigilate online testing following awarding organisation and other guidelines
- Submit group portfolios to IV within the two week timeframe in order to facilitate timely completion.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience of working within a hair salon environment
- Experience of working as a tutor or facilitator
- NVQ/Diploma hairdressing up to Level 3, BTEC National Diploma, ITEC or equivalent
- Teaching qualification, minimum PTLLS and be willing to work towards gaining DTLLS/Cert -Ed
- Assessors award A1 or equivalent or willing to work towards during the probation period
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills
- Accurate data entry skills
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to work with a high level of accuracy
- Self-motivated and committed to own personal development
- Excellent communication, written and numerical skills
- Salon Supervisory/Management Experience
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Hairdressing Part-Time Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in London
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk