Junior and / or Senior Graphic Designer who is highly creative with proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is required for Make Believe Ideas, an international children’s publishing company based in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire. (30 minutes north of London with a direct train link to Euston)
** All Levels of Experience will be considered **
** Join a Fun, Friendly and Creative Team **
** Excellent Career Prospects Available **
** Junior and Senior Level Candidate Applications Welcome **
PLEASE NOTE: Please include your portfolio (PDF preferred) or web links to your online portfolio within your CV. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.
At Make Believe Ideas, we have an excellent opportunity for a highly creative Graphic Designer who has a passion for children’ books and the publishing industry.
As the Graphic Designer, you will need good working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and be able to take a job from an idea or sketch, right through to completion with print-ready artwork.
For more Senior Level Graphic Designer candidates, there is the opportunity to oversee junior members of the team, discuss and sketch creative ideas, produce layouts for upcoming titles and manage workflow through the studio.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Make Believe Ideas has been producing fantastic children’s books since 2004. The company was founded on a desire to create beautiful, innovative products with an accessible price point. Make Believe Ideas has always believed that quality books should be available to all children, and is passionate about maximising the enjoyment of family reading experiences in this increasingly tech-focused world.
We create over 100 new titles a year, publish into many different languages and foster relationships with incredible collaborators around the world. But our work is far from done. This is only the beginning of our wonderful story, and we want you to be a part of the next chapter! We have excellent opportunities for highly creative Designers of any level who have a passion for children’s books and the publishing industry.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV and Portfolio (PDF preferred) or web links to your online portfolio within your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Graphic Designer:
- Follow a brief and work with other members of the Creative Team on multiple projects simultaneously
- Work to schedules, ensuring deadlines are met
- Produce page designs using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, ensuring the Design Team’s agreed procedures and styles are adhered to
- Mock up sales and marketing materials to a high standard for new products
- Work with the Studio Director and Art Director to commission freelance illustrators for specific projects
- Ensure the timely delivery of print-ready artwork to the Production Team
- Check and approve proofs and plotters as required by the Production Team and in accordance with agreed schedules
- Liaise with the Sales and Production Teams, providing creative input and support when required
- Archive printed projects, following agreed procedures
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Will have a passion for children's books
- Will have a real design flair and be innovative and creative, with strong awareness of current trends
- Must have an excellent understanding of design principles, such as colour, typography and composition
- Will have a high level of creativity and must enjoy working with others and discussing creative ideas
- Must be very organised, motivated, able to work well under pressure, with a high attention to detail and excellent time-management skills
- Will be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Ideally have previous experience in publishing or preparing print-ready artwork
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please send in your CV and Portfolio (PDF preferred) or web links to your online portfolio within your CV as soon as possible to our Recruitment Team who will review your details.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Creative / Publishing Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire HP4 2AZ