Graduate Publishing & Book Sales Team Support Administrator / Administrative Assistant with strong administration, organisational, multi-tasking and communication skills is required by a well-established children’s publishing company based in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire (30 minutes north of London with a direct train link to Euston).
This varied role would suit an enthusiastic individual with excellent administration experience keen to develop and progress their career within publishing / international book sales. Any previous experience selling books within a retail environment or selling publishing services would be highly desirable.
SALARY: Competitive (Depending on experience) + Benefits
LOCATION: Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire (30 minutes from London Euston)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
** Recent Graduates Considered **
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must demonstrate their passion and desire to work within a publishing / International book sales environment. All levels of experience will be considered.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Graduate Publishing & Book Sales Team Support Administrator / Administrative Assistant with strong administration, organisational, multi-tasking and communication skills.
Working as the Graduate Publishing & Book Sales Team Support Administrator / Administrative Assistant you will report directly to the Sales Director, providing a high-quality support service to an effective customer focussed Sales team.
As the Graduate Publishing & Book Sales Team Support Administrator / Administrative Assistant, you will a great career opportunity to develop into an international publishing & book sales account manager.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Working at the Company is an opportunity to be part of an exciting story. They have grown year on year with an expanding market and staff team. The Company prides itself on its family culture and they believe they are unique in the world of publishing with their speed to market approach.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as Graduate Publishing & Book Sales Team Support Administrator / Administrative Assistant will be:
- Being the primary contact for the Sales Team for all general enquiries, via telephone, email and our company websites
- Create and maintain stock and order forms
- Produce sales material for account managers and sales presentations
- Process customer purchase orders
- Working with the Sales team, when requested, to ensure orders have been raised accurately on the Sage 200 system
- Providing customers with catalogues, samples and advance information sheets
- Analyse sales, review sales opportunities and make recommendations for growth areas as requested
- Travel arrangements for sales staff customer meetings
- Provide administrative support to the Sales Director and Managing Director
- Work with the Sales Director in preparation for Book Fairs
- Maintain an up-to-date customer list
- Assist the Social Media team in managing all social media accounts, making sure they are updated regularly
- Other administrative support as required
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience in a related role
- Flexibility to adjust to a dynamic work environment and shifting last minute priorities
- Excellent written, communication and social skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Has a real passion for books and the publishing industry, with a desire to develop a career as an international publishing & book sales account manager
- Previous experience selling books within a retail environment or selling publishing services would be highly desirable, although not essential
- Keen interest in developing strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Confidence and a persuasive manner
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work to budget
- Good IT skills with experience of using spreadsheets, Database systems, Microsoft Word, e-mail and the internet
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6286
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk