Are you a recent Graduate looking for an opportunity to make a difference, to make a direct impact on how the company performs?
If you are, we have several exciting Graduate Opportunities for you!
SALARY: starting at £24,000 per annum + Benefits
LOCATION: Hybrid working model where most roles can be undertaken through a combination of home and office working. The office is based in Rattray, Blairgowrie, Perthshire, Scotland
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a number of Graduate Opportunities at Castle Water Ltd. We are interested in applicants who should be able to work to a fast pace and fixed deadlines, to liaise with customers, wholesalers, staff, colleagues, and other external bodies such as the regulator. They must have excellent written and problem-solving skills, along with strong communication and organisational abilities. Our current focus for Graduate positions is in our Data / Business Analytics, Key Account Management, Insolvency / Debt Collection, Operations and Complaints teams.
Castle Water is one of the fastest growing and most successful companies in the utilities sector. We are a disruptive new entrant and market leader in the water market.
Our graduate salaries start at £24,000 per annum, and we offer a hybrid working model where most roles can be undertaken through a combination of home and office working.
People are at the core of everything we do, so if you’re looking for a career and not just a job you’ve come to the right place! The professional training on offer includes professional qualifications in accountancy and law and short courses at top business schools such as LSE.
We can promise you a hardworking and lively environment which will equip you with skills that could take you anywhere across our business. You can expect to be part of a collegial and supportive team, with a strong emphasis on knowledge-sharing, continuous learning, mutual respect, and personal development. We will ask a lot of you, and in return, opportunities for advancement in our company are available for those who put in the effort. We value our people and love to watch them develop and advance in their careers with us.
When we offer you a post, we will help and support you in your work, but be prepared to learn through doing the role as much as undergoing formal training. These posts are for applicants with confidence and initiative as well as the maturity required to take responsibility and make decisions and be confident of their own abilities and potential.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (dependant on which area you go into)
- Acquire and share knowledge and skills as part of your daily tasks
- Analyse and resolve complex revenue and cash issues, and patterns of customer consumption
- Investigate and report on data trends
- Opportunity to increase automation including working on robotic process automation
- Adding value by analysis and problem solving to advise and assist customers
- Recommend remedial action by identifying root causes, trends and impacts of complaints
- Work with major customers on complex billing and service issues relating to water usage, waste treatment and validation of charges using state of the art systems
- Prepare and check customer invoices and ensure these are accurate
- Build rapport, identify customer needs quickly, efficiently, and proactively to deliver the right solution in the first instance
- Deliver fair and consistent outcomes for customers
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Good undergraduate degree (or equivalent), ideally with postgraduate qualifications – for Analyst roles degree discipline should be in a highly numerate subject
- Experience of working in a demanding environment with the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and must be comfortable working with numbers and calculations
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate confidently and clearly when explaining complex issues
- Must have a keen and excellent eye for detail, with he capability to draft and prepare written documentation
- Willingness to take ownership of issues and see them through to resolution
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office is preferred, and for Analyst roles Advanced Excel user essential. We would particularly like to meet candidates with experience of Idea and/or SQL, and any other programming
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload
- Flourish in a high pressure, challenging and fast paced environment
- Work independently, but also demonstrate excellent team working skills
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Castle Water is one of the fastest growing and most successful companies in the utilities sector. Our customers include some of the largest companies and public sector bodies in the UK.
Castle Water aims to deliver the best customer service in the sector. Creating positive interactions in the workplace and between our employees and our customers will help ensure our company continues to draw new and retain existing customers. Not only have we just achieved our 10,000th 5* Trust Pilot review, but we are also winners of the recent Customer Service Excellence Award for the Perthshire Chamber of Commerce Business Star Awards.
Castle Water has a track record of providing excellent customer service, and of developing innovative approaches to utility supply. We have more 5* reviews on Trustpilot than all other water retailers combined. We pride ourselves on being transparent and treating customers fairly.
Our head office is based in Blairgowrie, Perthshire, within easy commuting distance of both Perth and Dundee. We are embedded in the local community and participate in many local events and activities.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to our Recruitment Team who will review your details.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7756
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Castle Water