Global IT Director who has excellent team leadership, significant technology experience within a 24x7 business critical environment and strong financial management experience is required to join our team at Iron Mountain.
In addition to strong technical skills across computer, storage, network, software and information security, you will have previous leadership skills in driving a transformation change agenda through all layers of the organisation.
SALARY: Very Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
LOCATION: Home Based / Remote. However, candidates must be available to travel to the UK Data Centre in Slough, Berkshire when required.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Global IT Director who has excellent team leadership, significant technology experience within a 24x7 business critical environment and strong financial management experience.
Iron Mountain Data Centres (IMDC) is a business unit that has experienced massive growth and investment ($2B) since 2017 resulting in 15 data centres over 3 continents.
As a result of this investment, IM Data Centres are now looking for a Global IT Director to act as an information technology expert to transform and lead our Global IT infrastructure engineering, operations, and enablement teams.
Working as the Global IT Director you will be a player-coach, both leading a small global team of systems engineers and administrators and rolling-up your sleeves directly as needed.
As the Global IT Director, you will be responsible for developing and executing a strategy, architecture, and roadmap to drive world class capabilities, standardisation, system performance, uptime, compliance, and cost effectiveness. This includes developing and managing CapEx and OpEx budgets, tactical and strategic prioritisation, and people development while reporting status to leadership teams. In addition to having responsibility for Data Centre business unit specific systems and select applications, you will work closely with the Iron Mountain corporate IT teams to ensure consistency and adherence to standards.
As a successful applicant you will enjoy collaborating with other teams and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, business critical systems environment.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 1951, Iron Mountain is a global leader for storage and information services.
At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary, while helping them bridge the physical and digital world. Our people have the opportunity to bring their creativity to a workplace that thrives on change. Here, you will be part of a team that doesn’t just embrace what’s exceptional. It creates exceptional.
To be considered for this role you will possess the following attributes:
- Vast IT leadership experience, including successful leadership of global virtual teams
- Significant technology experience in a 24x7, business critical environment
- Bachelor’s degree with technical certifications; advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated leadership in driving a transformation change agenda through all layers of the organisation; ability to influence change across cross functional teams
- Strong technical skills across computer, storage, network, software, and information security
- Technical proficiency in various virtualisation, operating systems, automation tools, endpoint protection and management tools, monitoring systems, information security, cloud technologies, and process engineering
- Proven ability to build, motivate, and lead high performing team/capability to support a best-in-class vision within a complex, matrix company
- Understanding of operational management frameworks: ITIL, Agile, Kanban etc.
- Strong financial management (including budgeting and business case development), hardware and software asset and licensing management, and vendor management skills
- Strong program and project management capabilities
- Proven track record of continuous improvement and root cause analysis resulting in improved services
- Customer service orientated, interacting with different teams and lines of business to solve problems
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels
- Technical proficiency in architecture, systems design, and systems integration
- Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Motivated by simplifying technical environments and Infrastructure
- Motivated by making things better; enjoys new challenges
In return Iron Mountain offers a competitive remuneration, excellent training and career prospects associated with a global super brand.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Iron Mountain
JOB REF: AWDO-P5878
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work remotely / home based with visits to Slough, Berkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.