General Manufacturing Production Assistant / Warehouse Operative with a flexible and pro-active approach, ability to work well within a team and good computer skills is required for a well-established International Company based in Westhoughton, Bolton, Greater Manchester, North West England.
SALARY: £16,000 – £23,000 pro rata (depending on shift patterns)
LOCATION: Westhoughton, Bolton, Greater Manchester, North West England
JOB TYPE: 6 Months Fixed Term Contract
WORKING HOURS: 12 Hour Shifts including Nights and Weekends (flexibility required to work different shift patterns)
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates will be required to complete an online application form and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a General Manufacturing Production Assistant / Warehouse Operative with a flexible and pro-active approach, ability to work well within a team and good computer skills.
Working as the General Manufacturing Production Assistant / Warehouse Operative you will play a vital role in ensuring production across the site is maintained, this can involve everything from cleaning equipment from the print presses, operating the flowline machine to locating stock within the warehouse.
As the General Manufacturing Production Assistant / Warehouse Operative you will work in various departments as directed to carry out a range of general cleaning and housekeeping duties, disposal/removal of waste including shredding/guillotining waste products and carrying out any general ancillary tasks associated with maintaining the production flow across the site.
The successful candidate will have the chance to work for a company that is committed to attracting, retaining and deploying the very best people, offering fantastic career opportunities.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the General Manufacturing Production Assistant / Warehouse Operative will include:
- Working to Workplace Organisational standards, ensuring housekeeping standards are maintained in all areas and disposing of waste in an appropriate manner
- Comply with all security instructions providing assistance where necessary
- Waste removal; ensure that a safe working environment exists by removing waste to the dedicated areas and following the set standards
- Assist with basic preventative maintenance activities
- Update Standard Operating Procedures relating to own task when/where necessary
- Check stock levels of consumables and PPE required for the selected areas such as Manufacturing, Warehouse and Shot Blast
- Assist the Manufacturing Operatives with general duties including machine clean downs
- Operate the flowline/shot-blast equipment
- Carry out general cleaning duties in manufacturing areas
- Provide support to the team in the Warehouse with loading and unloading of vehicles in a safe manner and be able to rack and de-rack material
- Assist with the delivery of materials to Manufacturing in a manner that complies with the Health and Safety standards set
- Assist in returning materials from Manufacturing back into stock following the set standards
- Manage the removal of waste on site including shredding/guillotining waste products
- Providing on-the-job training & development for new/existing employees where required
- Always act and behave in a way compliant with all company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to Environmental, Health and Safety, ethics and codes of conduct
- Meet production, quality, delivery, continuous improvement and safety targets in line with the company’s KPI’s
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Basic Literacy and Numeracy
- Experience of handling COSHH materials
- Understanding of Workplace Organisation principals
- Continuous improvement mentality to regularly look for opportunities to improve
- Fork Lift / FLT licence would be an advantage
- Flexible and pro-active approach; ability to work well within a team and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and with a degree of initiative
- Good organising and planning skills; controlling quality and working to standard operating procedures
- Physically fit with good manual handling skills
- Flexible, with the ability to work different 12- hour shift patterns including night shifts and weekend working as and when required
HOW TO APPLY
Once you’ve applied for this role through this site you will be required to complete an online application form and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5866
Full-Time, Contract, Shift-Work, Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Westhoughton, Bolton, Greater Manchester, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk