Freelance Trainer / Teacher who can deliver educational training programmes and workshops to young people of primary school age (aged 7-11), secondary school age (11-18) or young adults (16-25) in schools and youth organisations is required for an award-winning organisation.
SALARY: £95 (2 hour workshop) - £160 (full day workshop) per day (inclusive of travel within the M25)
LOCATION: London and the South East (not necessarily throughout)
JOB TYPE: Freelance – minimum commitment of 12 months required
HOURS: The amount of freelance work you are offered is dependent on your flexibility, area of expertise and a level of seasonality. A booking typically is for 4 – 5 hours in one day
** Financial Course Material Training Provided **
Please include a Cover Letter and CV in one document.
The training programmes can run between one and five hours, it is important to establish positive working relationships from the outset. In your cover letter please describe two strategies you would use to achieve this with a group of young people you haven’t met before.
IS THIS YOU?
- Do you have a ‘wow’ factor in the classroom?
- Can you engage and inspire young people?
- Do you have a creative facilitation style that leaves a lasting impression?
If you can answer ‘YES’ to these questions, then we would like to hear from you.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Freelance Trainer / Teacher who can deliver educational training programmes and workshops to young people of primary school age (aged 7-11), secondary school age (11-18) or young adults (16-25) in schools and youth organisations across London and the South East.
Working as the Freelance Trainer / Teacher you will help deliver a range of workshops covering financial and money management training programmes aimed at your target year group. You must be committed to delivering the programmes in line with the Company’s approach – The Company motto is “Every young person must be wowed” and the aim is to ignite young people’s enthusiasm with regards to learning about money and business.
As the Freelance Trainer / Teacher, you will be provided with comprehensive training to deliver Company programmes.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV together with a Covering Letter as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Freelance Trainer / Teacher:
- Deliver training programmes to an exceptionally high standard, meeting the quality requirements and following the Education Ethos of the Company
- Commit to an initial training period of four days and additional home learning
- Effectively engage learners with a delivery style that is clear, concise, energetic and relevant
- Follow Company processes regarding the sending back of monitoring and evaluation questionnaires, inputting feedback etc.
- Commit to updating your subject knowledge base and continuing your professional development becoming an expert in financial education
- Become a part of the wider Company team, actively participating in trainer forums and sharing good practice
- Become a representative of the Company, upholding its mission, ethos and reputation
- Provide honest and timely feedback on the programmes to the team
- Energetic and engaging with a genuine interest in social change, education and the empowerment of young people
- Unique and creative style of delivery, and ability to ‘wow’ young people, taking them on a memorable learning journey
- Ability to think on your feet and embrace new ideas
- Previous experience delivering participatory learning programmes to young people - Ideally to have worked with different types of young people, varying in group size, age, background, ability and setting
- Educated to degree level, a qualified teacher, or have an equivalent level of professional experience
- Have a grasp on popular and youth culture
- Confident in delivering programmes to young people you’re meeting for the first time - this requires a strong presence, the ability to forge relationships quickly and effectively, and the confidence to use a variety of teaching techniques (e.g. drama, visuals, games)
- Understanding of the UK education landscape and national curricula, as well as youth services and youth opportunities at local authority level
- Willing to travel across London and the South East and surrounding areas
- A minimum A-C or equivalent Maths GCSE qualification
- Have a fluent command of English and have the right to live and work in the UK
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV and Covering Letter (as described above) to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C6995
Freelance Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in London and South East England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk