Fostering Team Manager who has sound knowledge of Fostering Regulations and National Minimum Standards with strong leadership qualities and a passion for improving the outcomes for Children is required for Five Rivers Child Care.
SALARY: £38,760 - £42,840 pro rata + Car Allowance + On Call Allowance + Generous Benefits (See Below)
LOCATION: Truro, Cornwall, South West England
JOB TYPE: Part-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 4 Days Per Week, 9:00hrs – 17:00hrs (preferably Tuesday to Friday) with some weekend and evening work as and when required
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once you’ve applied, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
Five Rivers Child Care is a leading Social Enterprise who turns children’s lives around. Our Fostering service is committed to providing caring families to children who need them the most.
At Five Rivers Child Care we promote a strong, pragmatic philosophy, shared by all our professional and experienced staff, that each child or young person is an individual with their own unique reactions to trauma.
An excellent opportunity is available for a Fostering Team Manager to join our Ofsted judged "Good " Fostering Service based in Truro on a Part-time basis (4 days a week, preferably Tuesday – Friday). The role is based in our Truro office within the West Country Service.
As the Fostering Team Manager should ideally have a sound knowledge of the Fostering Regulations and National Minimum Standards along with strong leadership qualities and a passion for improving outcomes for children.
Working as the Fostering Team Manager you should be able to demonstrate a dynamic approach to the growth and sustainability of the service and evidence of a creative eye for opportunities to expand the service, leading the development and growth of the fostering business in terms of quality and quantity of carers; maximising current office capacity and creating new carer capacity and placement numbers, increased staff efficiency and effectiveness, improved margins and profitability, along with deputising for the Service Manager as required.
You will also be required to be the postholder to be the Panel Advisor for all Panel business and provide a Quality Assurance role for Annual Reviews and Form F assessments.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Fostering Team Manager:
- Assist the Service Manager to lead and champion the fostering organisation on a Service and regional basis, deputising for the Service Manager when required
- Assist the Service Manager in making timely and effective placements
- Ensure effective supervision and performance management of a local staff team
- Lead the development of the carer base
- Support the Service Manager to lead improvement programmes to enhance organisation capabilities, effectiveness and efficiency to support carers
- Liaise with Local Authority customers
- Develop, support and mentor the local staff team
- Work with the Service Manager to develop and implement action plans to improve internal audit and Ofsted ratings to good and then outstanding
- Champion carer and children engagement and participation
- Work with the Operations Manager to Implement improved systems and processes
- Experience of children’s foster services and sector
- Experience of Local Authority customer and contract management
- Experience of supervising social care staff and or social work students
- Able to work as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to participate in training and professional development
We know how demanding and challenging our work can be. We value our staff and want to recognise and reward you for the work you do. Some of your rewards and benefits include:
- A Generous Annual Leave Allowance (25 Days, plus 8 Days Bank Holidays)
- Employee Discount Scheme (High Street, Restaurants and Online Discounts)
- In-House Training, Management Academy
- Free Parking (next to office)
- Employee Assistant Programme
Five Rivers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Five Rivers is an Investor in People and Equal Opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may also be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5333
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Five Rivers Child Care
Part-Time, Permanent, Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Truro, Cornwall, South West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.