Fostering Support Worker that has good organisational, coordination and communication skills, who will always be thinking of the best interests of the child, is required to support Supervising Social Workers and Foster Carers for Five Rivers Child Care.
Experience of working in the fostering sector and/or children/young people would be an advantage but not necessary. No formal social work qualifications are necessary, but an understanding of and empathy for the work required is necessary.
SALARY: £19,000 - £23,500 per annum + Car Allowance / Mileage Allowance + Generous Benefits (See Below)
LOCATION: You will travel throughout the South West covering Bristol, Gloucester, Swindon and Somerset.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:00, with some weekend and evening work as and when required
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once you’ve applied, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
PLEASE NOTE: A full driving licence and access to a car/vehicle is required
Five Rivers Child Care is a leading Social Enterprise who turns children’s lives around. Our Fostering service is committed to providing caring families to children who need them the most.
Due to continuing service development we are seeking to appoint a Fostering Support Worker to provide support to our Supervising Social Workers and Foster Carers throughout the South West region, including Gloucester, Swindon, Somerset and Bristol.
As the Fostering Support Worker you will also have the opportunity to support the work of the fast-growing South West Service team by attending professional meetings and contributing to the delivery of young people’s care plans.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Fostering Support Worker:
- Promote the welfare of children/young people placed with the Five Rivers Fostering and within Five Rivers Child Care as a whole
- To be involved in the practice aspects of placements and to assist in the on-going placement process
- To assist the team and agency staff in helping to prepare children and young people for foster care placements
- Work directly with children/young people in a skilled and focused way as part of an agreed programme of work
- Co-ordinate groups and joint work for all children/young people involved in the foster care process
As the Fostering Support Worker, you will have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- We are looking for someone who will always be thinking of the child, ensuring they are at the forefront of all decisions
- Able to work with children and young people in an empathetic manner
- Must be able to work as a team member to achieve best outcomes for the children
- Ability to use own initiative
- Able to communicate with children and adults
- Experience of working in the fostering sector and/or children/young people would be an advantage but not essential
- A full driving licence and access to a car is required
DESIRED SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Experience of working directly with children and young people
- Commitment to engaging in therapeutic training
- Commitment to working flexible hours (may include weekends and evenings)
We know how demanding and challenging our work can be. We value our staff and want to recognise and reward you for the work you do. Some of your rewards and benefits include:
- Car Allowance / Mileage Allowance
- 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Healthcare Cash Plan Scheme
- Perkbox (Offering Discounts in many High Street Shops, Restaurants, Leisure Facilities and Websites)
- Company Sick Pay scheme (after probation)
- Death in Service Benefits
Five Rivers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Five Rivers is an Investor in People and Equal Opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may also be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7223
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Five Rivers Child Care
Full-Time, Permanent, Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Bristol, Gloucestershire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.