Children and Young People Fostering Support Worker that has good organisational, coordination and communication skills, who will always be thinking of the best interests of the child, is required to support Social Workers and Foster Carers for Five Rivers Child Care.
Experience of working in the fostering sector and/or children/young people would be an advantage but not necessary. No formal social work qualifications are necessary, but an understanding of and empathy for the work required is necessary.
SALARY: £19,000 - £23,500 per annum + Car Allowance / Mileage Allowance + Generous Benefits (See Below)
LOCATION: You will travel throughout the South West covering Bristol, Gloucester, Swindon and Somerset.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:00, with some weekend and evening work as and when required.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once you’ve applied, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
PLEASE NOTE: A full driving licence and access to a car/vehicle is required
Five Rivers Child Care is a leading Social Enterprise who aim to support children and young people living in foster homes. Our mission statement is ‘Turing children’s lives around’. Our Fostering service is committed to providing caring families to children who need them the most.
We are seeking to appoint a Fostering Support Worker to provide support to our Foster Carers and young people throughout the South West region, including Gloucester, Swindon, Somerset and Bristol. This will involve working to ensure young people’s voices are heard and help shape service improvements, keeping them safe by delivering bespoke interventions and ensuring that their lives are fun and rewarding by planning activities and learning opportunities in which they can participate.
As the Fostering Support Worker you will also have the opportunity to support the work of the South West Service by attending professional meetings and contributing to the delivery of young people’s care plans.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Fostering Support Worker:
- Promote the welfare of children/young people placed with the Five Rivers Fostering and within Five Rivers Child Care as a whole
- To organise and run participation activities so that young people’s voices are heard and so that they can influence service improvements
- To be involved in the practice aspects of young people’s placements and to assist in the on-going placement process
- To work with young people, their carers and the social work team to manage risk appropriately and proportionately
- Work directly with children/young people to promote positive outcomes through delivering agreed programmes of work that effectively address their needs
- Co-ordinate groups and joint work for all children/young people involved in the foster care process
As the Fostering Support Worker, you will have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- We are looking for someone who will always be thinking of the child, ensuring they are at the forefront of all decisions
- Able to work with children and young people in an empathetic manner
- Must be able to work as a team member to achieve best outcomes for the children
- Ability to use own initiative
- Able to communicate with children and adults
- Experience of working in the fostering sector and/or children/young people would be an advantage but not essential
- A full driving licence and access to a car is required
DESIRED SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Experience of working directly with children and young people
- Commitment to engaging in therapeutic training
- Commitment to working flexible hours (may include weekends and evenings)
We know how demanding and challenging our work can be. We value our staff and want to recognise and reward you for the work you do. Some of your rewards and benefits include:
- Car Allowance / Mileage Allowance
- 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Healthcare Cash Plan Scheme
- Perkbox (Offering Discounts in many High Street Shops, Restaurants, Leisure Facilities and Websites)
Five Rivers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Five Rivers is an Investor in People and Equal Opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may also be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6012
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Five Rivers Child Care
Full-Time, Permanent, Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Bristol, Gloucestershire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.