Five Rivers Child Care is a leading Social Enterprise who turns children’s lives around. Our Fostering service is committed to providing caring families to children who need them the most.
Due to our continuing service development, we are seeking to appoint a Fostering Support Worker to provide support to our Supervising Social Workers and Foster Carers throughout the Bristol, Somerset, Gloucester and Swindon areas. This exciting and important role requires a range of tasks working directly with children and young people, Foster Carers and other professionals to ensure quality outcomes for the children and young people.
The Bristol based team are part of the South West Fostering Service, but as the Fostering Support Worker you will be working predominantly within the Bristol, Somerset, Gloucester and Swindon areas.
The Fostering Support Worker will be part of a fast-growing team working with Supervising Social Workers and Senior Practitioners to further develop the service.
- Promote the welfare of children/young people placed with the Five Rivers Fostering and within Five Rivers Child Care as a whole
- To be involved in the practice aspects of placements and to assist in the on-going placement process
- To assist Five Rivers Child Care and agency staff in helping to prepare children/young people for foster care placements
- Work directly with children/young people in a skilled and focused way as part of an agreed programme of work
- Co-ordinate groups and joint work for all children/young people involved in the foster care process
We are looking for someone who will always be thinking of the child, ensuring they are at the forefront of all decisions. The Fostering Support Worker must be able to work as a team member to achieve the best outcomes for the children, able to communicate with children and adults.
Experience of working in the fostering sector and/or with children/young people would be an advantage but not necessary. No formal social work qualifications are necessary, but an understanding of and empathy for the work required is necessary.
Desired skills and requirements:
- Experience of working directly with children and young people
- Commitment to engaging in therapeutic training
- Full UK driving license and access to a car
- Commitment to working flexible hours
- Occasional evenings and weekends where this is agreed with line manager
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Simply Health Cash Plan Scheme
- Car Allowance / Mileage allowance
- Perkbox - discounts in many high street shops, leisure facilities and restaurants
- Company Sick Pay scheme (after successful completion of probation)
Five Rivers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Five Rivers is an Investor in People and Equal Opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates will be required to complete an Application Form, which we will send out in a separate email. Please keep an eye out for our email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7817
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Five Rivers Child Care
Full-Time, Permanent, Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Bristol, Gloucestershire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.