Fostering Placement Officer with experience of working in the fostering sector and/or with children/young people in social care, is required for the West Country Fostering Service, part of Five Rivers Child Care.
SALARY: £23,150 - £27,328 per annum + Generous Benefits (See Below)
LOCATION: This position can be based at Harold Wood, Romford in the London & East Service areas
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once you’ve applied, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will require a full driving licence and access to a vehicle as they will be expected to transport themselves around the area
Five Rivers Child Care is a leading Social Enterprise who has been ‘turning children’s lives around’ since 1989. Our Fostering service is committed to providing caring families to children who need them the most.
We are seeking to appoint a Fostering Placement Officer as part of our London and East Service rated Good, with Outstanding features by Ofsted.
This service benefits from significant referrals from all the London Boroughs, Essex, Kent as well numerous local authorities that border/cross the M25.
As the Fostering Placement Officer you will have a manageable workload and the support and resources to engage positively with referring local authorities as our customer base.
The Fostering Placement Officer will process all incoming referrals from placing authorities and liaise closely with social work teams to match young people referred with foster carers. Dealing with financial arrangements is a big part of this role, to agree placement fees and ensure that additional placement support is negotiated and agreed with local authority customers.
Five Rivers works from a Trauma informed (ATIC) model with integration across our fostering, residential, clinical and education services to achieve the best possible outcomes for young people.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Fostering Placement Officer will include:
- Processing placement referrals received from all designated Local Authorities
- Agreeing placement matches of young people and foster carers in conjunction with the Five Rivers Social Work Teams
- Agreeing placement fees in line with local authority contracts
- Negotiate additional placement support costs when required
- Work as part of our national placement officer team and attend Placement Officer team meetings
- Complete contract returns as per contracts with local authority customers
- Attend provider meetings with local authorities alongside the Five Rivers Service and Team Managers
- Monitor placement fees and agree fee uplifts when required in line with placement contracts
- Work in collaboration with all colleagues and managers to achieve a high standard of service to foster carers and young people whilst meeting all Ofsted requirements
- The desire to be a team player who wants to achieve best possible outcomes for all our children and foster carers
- Experience of working in the fostering sector and/or children/young people in social care
- The right to work in the UK
- A full driving licence and access to a car is required
- Formal induction and training in the paperless electronic recording and management system
- Professional supervision provided by a manager
- Support from other Placement Officers across the fostering service
- Opportunities to integrate with clinical, education and residential service provision
- Competitive annual leave allowance
- Career progression opportunities
- Pension scheme and access to employee assistance program
- Perkbox discount scheme membership
Five Rivers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Five Rivers is an Investor in People and Equal Opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may also be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7335
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Five Rivers Child Care
Full-Time, Permanent, Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Romford, Essex. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.