London Fostering Clinical Practitioner - HCPC Registered Psychologist or UKCP Registered Psychotherapist – Part Time
To turn vulnerable children’s lives around, it’s not enough to simply care for them. We need the adults around them to help them heal from past experiences of trauma, abuse, and neglect, and move forward with confidence, safety, and self-esteem. As a Five Rivers Fostering Clinical Practitioner (HCPC Registered Psychologist or UKCP Registered Psychotherapist), you will take a lead in embedding Attachment and Trauma Informed Care (ATIC) approaches within the Romford Fostering office.
Attachment and Trauma Informed Care (ATIC) is about using our research and knowledge of how children form bonds to their caregivers and working to meet children ‘where they are’ to recover from adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) gently and safely.
Children have often needed to develop a range of responses to survive and cope with adversity. Our foster carers offer the right care and experiences to allow children to gradually let go of these survival responses. Using a care model that knows about attachment and trauma, you will support staff and foster carers to provide children with a sense of safety and containment, and opportunities to experience healthy, nurturing relationships. This allows self-esteem to build and supports them to heal from past experiences.
It may be small steps at first, but ATIC and Assessment & Therapy are what enable Five Rivers to not simply care for children, but to turn children’s lives around.
Fostering Clinical Practitioner (HCPC Registered Psychologist or UKCP Registered Psychotherapist)
Location: Romford, London
Part-time: 2 days
Closing date for applications: 31 May 2022
Do not delay your application - the listing will be closed early if sufficient applications are received.
We’re recruiting a Fostering Clinical Practitioner (HCPC Registered Psychologist or UKCP Registered Psychotherapist) who is systemic in their thinking and confident in attachment and trauma informed care to provide support to the Five Rivers Fostering service in London (Romford office). The team includes Supervising Social Workers, Fostering Support Workers, Team and Service Managers, and administrative support staff.
Equivalent to NHS band 7-8a depending on experience, your primary task as Fostering Clinical Practitioner (HCPC Registered Psychologist or UKCP Registered Psychotherapist) will be supporting the professional system working around the children. This will include supporting and upskilling managers, social workers, support workers and foster carers to embed and infuse attachment and trauma-informed care approaches into their practice. This is achieved through the delivery of group consultation, reflective practice, training, assessment and formulation.
- Clinical psychologists or counselling psychologists must be HCPC-registered (pending registration considered if you have a doctorate in clinical or counselling psychology)
- Child psychotherapists must be UKCP registered and accredited
- Essential: must have experience relating to working with children and young people who have experienced trauma and maltreatment
- Essential: must have experience working with families and professional statutory systems around looked-after children (eg local authorities, CAMHS)
- Desirable: experience completing clinical assessments and delivering training programmes
- Based in our London Fostering Service in Harold Wood, working with our Foster Carers and our Fostering Team
You will receive:
- Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 (pro rata, depending on level of experience)
- 25 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Enhanced DBS check and update service
- SimplyHealth employee healthcare cashback scheme
- PerkBox online benefit programme for employee perks and discounts
- Employee assistance programme
- Ongoing clinical and professional support and supervision from a highly experienced Assessment and Therapy Team
- Extensive training and continued professional development opportunities, including access to online CPD platform, Therapeutic Care training, Story Stem Assessment Training, and Clinical Trauma Specialist Certification
- Peer Buddy allocated at induction to support you through probation period and beyond
- Monthly reflective practice space
- Fully-funded 2-day team development events three times a year
Five Rivers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Five Rivers is an Investor in People and Equal Opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates will be required to complete an Application Form, which we will send out in a separate email. Please keep an eye out for our email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8495
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Five Rivers Child Care
Part-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Romford, Essex. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.