South-Central Fostering and Residential Clinical Practitioner (HCPC Registered Psychologist or UKCP Registered Psychotherapist)
To turn vulnerable children’s lives around, it’s not enough to simply care for them. We need the adults around them to help them heal from past experiences of trauma, abuse, and neglect, and move forward with confidence, safety, and self-esteem. As a Five Rivers Fostering and Residential Clinical Practitioner (HCPC Registered Psychologist or UKCP Registered Psychotherapist), you will take a lead in embedding Attachment and Trauma Informed Care (ATIC) approaches within the South and South-East Fostering agency and Residential homes.
Attachment and Trauma Informed Care (ATIC) is about using our research and knowledge of how children form bonds to their caregivers and working to meet children ‘where they are’ to recover from adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) gently and safely.
Children have often needed to develop a range of responses to survive and cope with adversity. Our foster carers offer the right care and experiences to allow children to gradually let go of these survival responses. Using a care model that knows about attachment and trauma, the Fostering and Residential Clinical Practitioner (HCPC Registered Psychologist or UKCP Registered Psychotherapist) will support staff and foster carers to provide children with a sense of safety and containment, and opportunities to experience healthy, nurturing relationships. This allows self-esteem to build and supports them to heal from past experiences.
It may be small steps at first, but ATIC and Assessment & Therapy are what enable Five Rivers to not simply care for children, but to turn children’s lives around.
Job title: Fostering and Residential Clinical Practitioner (HCPC Registered Psychologist or UKCP Registered Psychotherapist)
Location: Salisbury and South & South-East Fostering
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum (NHS band 7 or 8a, depending on level of experience)
Closing date for applications: 31 May 2022
Do not delay your application – this listing will be closed early if sufficient applications are received.
Due to internal promotion, we now have an exciting dual role available, with 2 days supporting the South & South-East Fostering region (Salisbury office) and 3 days supporting Residential Care settings.
In this role you will provide 2 days clinical support to the Five Rivers South and South-East Fostering service, based in Salisbury. The team includes Supervising Social Workers, Fostering Support Workers, Team and Service Managers, and administrative support staff. We currently support over 100 children and young people living with Five Rivers foster carers across Wiltshire, Dorset, Southampton, Portsmouth, Hampshire and Sussex. We are a friendly and hardworking team who are dedicated to continually improving their therapeutic practice.
The role of Fostering and Residential Clinical Practitioner (HCPC Registered Psychologist or UKCP Registered Psychotherapist) is based face-to-face in our Salisbury office and your primary task will be supporting the professional system working around the children. Your role will focus on supporting and upskilling managers, social workers, support workers and foster carers to embed and infuse attachment and trauma-informed care approaches into their practice. Currently, this is achieved through the delivery of group consultation, reflective practice, training, assessment and formulation.
There is much scope for evolving and expanding the clinical role within the team and we are proud to have a dynamic and creative approach to implementing meaningful change within our service.
In this dual role you will also provide 3 days’ clinical support to Residential services in Salisbury and south. You will offer direct therapy to the young people within the homes and will also work as part of an integrated, multidisciplinary team and lead on all aspects of delivery relating to our ATIC model of care. As well as direct therapeutic support, you will provide consultancy and training to staff teams, develop assessment reports, and create therapeutic support plans.
- Clinical psychologists or counselling psychologists must be HCPC-registered (pending registration considered if you have a doctorate in clinical or counselling psychology)
- Child psychotherapists must be UKCP registered and accredited
- Essential: must have experience relating to working with children and young people who have experienced trauma and maltreatment
- Essential: must have experience working with families and professional statutory systems around looked-after children (eg local authorities, CAMHS)
- Desirable: experience completing clinical assessments and delivering training programmes
- Based in the Salisbury Fostering office, working with the team, and within Residential services in Salisbury and south
You will receive:
- Salary: £40,000 - to £50,000 per annum (equivalent to NHS band 7 or 8a depending on level of experience)
- 25 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Enhanced DBS check and update service
- SimplyHealth employee healthcare cashback scheme
- PerkBox online benefit programme for employee perks and discounts
- Employee assistance programme
- Ongoing clinical and professional support and supervision from a highly experienced Assessment and Therapy Team
- Extensive training and continued professional development opportunities, including access to online CPD platform, Therapeutic Care training, Story Stem Assessment Training, and Clinical Trauma Specialist Certification
- Peer Buddy allocated at induction to support you through probation period and beyond
- Monthly reflective practice space
- Fully-funded 2-day team development events three times a year
Five Rivers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Five Rivers is an Investor in People and Equal Opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates will be required to complete an Application Form, which we will send out in a separate email. Please keep an eye out for our email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8518
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Five Rivers Child Care
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Salisbury, Wiltshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.