Food Production Operative / Cheese Grader who is quality focused with strong numerate and literacy skills with the ability to work on their own initiative is required for a fast growing and award-winning manufacturer based in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, East Midlands.
SALARY: £10.79 (£10.24 Basic + 55p Attendance Allowance). After 3 months rises to £11.49 per Hour
LOCATION: Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, East Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Friday, 6am – 2pm
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Food Production Operative / Cheese Grader who is quality focused with strong numerate and literacy skills with the ability to work on their own initiative.
After your initial training, working as a Food Production Operative / Cheese Grader you will be responsible for the product grading & categorisation of cheese specific to the flavour, texture and visual quality. This is to be applied in accordance with prescribed working instructions and Organoleptic training.
As a Food Production Operative / Cheese Grader you will be required to carry out daily checks of all products due for grading and ensure individual cheeses are graded into correct categories in accordance with prescribed working instructions.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your role as a Food Production Operative / Cheese Grader will include:
- Carry out daily checks of all products due for grading in the working week
- Ensure individual cheeses are graded into correct categories in accordance with prescribed working instructions
- Ensure all cheese is correctly and clearly labelled by grade, ready for crating
- Monitor cheese quality and report significant defects to superior
- Ensure accurate recording of cheeses graded
- Timely and accurate cleaning of the line and end of day dismantling and cleaning of equipment, tools and work area, where appropriate
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures, Quality/Hygiene standards and Company Rules/Procedures are adhered to at all times
- Be responsible for and ensure Product quality is maintained in accordance with quality standards
- Take personal responsibility for own actions and respectfully challenge others where appropriate
- Report problems or issues as they arise, which may impact on product quality or Production activities
- Ensure all records where required, are completed accurately
- Adaptable/flexible to meet requirements and demands of production and seasonal fluctuations
- Good level of fitness - able to lift weights of up to 20kg and push/pull weights of up to 1000kg, in accordance with manual handling training
- Industrious and able to work under pressure
- Training on Organaleptic tasting
- Required to work towards Stilton Cheese Makers Association (SCMA) grading certificate
- Must be numerate and literate – able to record legibly, completion of cheese grading records
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (to be achieved within 6 months)
- Able to work on own initiative
- Food/process manufacturing background
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7824
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, East Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk