Hotel Restaurant / Food & Beverage Manager with excellent organisational and customer service skills and previous experience of managing staff in a hotel / hospitality environment is required for a 4 star establishment based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
SALARY: Competitive + Benefits
LOCATION: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 48 Hours per Week, Working any 5 days out of 7 days
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Hotel Restaurant / Food & Beverage Manager with excellent organisational and customer service skills and previous experience of managing staff in a hotel / hospitality environment.
As the Hotel Restaurant / Food & Beverage Manager you will be responsible for the management of all aspects of the food and beverage of the hotel, adopting a duty management attitude at all times.
Working as the Hotel Restaurant / Food & Beverage Manager you will be vigilant at all times and have strong attention to detail. You will manage a team of up to 18 staff and strive to maximise every opportunity to improve hotel and business performance whilst leading and training staff members to deliver outstanding customer service.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Hotel Restaurant / Food & Beverage Manager will include:
- Provide a hands on approach to Food and Beverage Operations
- Ensure that Food and Beverage personnel provide the highest standard of customer care
- Ensure that all food and bar outlets are adequately staffed
- Ensure that regular performance reviews are being completed and any grievances are addressed in line with company guidelines
- Drive conference standards and ensure that company guidelines and SOP’s are adhered to
- Provide training to all Food & Beverage staff
- To be pro-active in driving both sales and profits within all food and beverage outlets
- To become an ambassador for the companies Health and Safety regulations, ensuring that all staff are fully compliant in their respective departments
- Ensure that all of the departments under your control are completing their operational equipment stocktakes and that records are maintained
- Alongside the General Manager take responsibility for the food and liquor stock holding at the hotel, put preventative procedures in place to ensure that stocks are consistent
- Recruitment and selection of Food and Beverage staff in liaison with the Hotel General Manager
- Ensure that all personnel handling cash are trained and are familiar with the required accounting and company procedures
- Ensure that current F&B operational systems are being maintained and where necessary improve/change those systems
- Attend bi monthly strategic/planning meetings with the Hotel General Manager
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Previous managerial/supervisory food and beverage experience in a 4 star hotel, restaurant, hospitality or similar environment
- Experience managing a high volume, fast kitchen
- Be fully aware of current licensing laws and the hotel / restaurant licensing policy in order that these are adhered to at all times
- Excellent customer service skills
- A can-do, will-do person who completes tasks
- Assertive, diplomatic and “hands on”
- Excellent Communication & Organisation Skills
- A great motivator with a very positive attitude
- Quick-witted with good analytical skills
- Successfully led, managed and developed a team
- A commercial awareness & business acumen
- Ability to work to the needs of the business
- Personal License Holder (or willingness to work towards)
- First Aid at Work (or a willingness to work towards)
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4826
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Stevenage, Hertfordshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk