Food and Beverage Assistant / Restaurant Waiting Staff who has excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to professionally meet and greet customers in a polite and friendly manner is required for a well- established hotel chain based in Central London.
LOCATION: Central London
JOB TYPE: Full-Time and Part-Time, Permanent Positions Available
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Food and Beverage Assistant / Restaurant Waiting Staff who has excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to professionally meet and greet customers in a polite and friendly manner.
Working as a Food and Beverage Assistant / Restaurant Waiting Staff you will be required to welcome, seat and serve food and beverages to customers in a positive, polite and professional manner, aiming to provide complete customer satisfaction.
As a Food and Beverage Assistant / Restaurant Waiting Staff you will assist in all aspects of F&B operations, working in an organised and efficient way to meet department schedules.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your role as Food and Beverage Assistant / Restaurant Waiting Staff will include:
- To maintain accurate record of customer reservations for the restaurants and bars
- Check and accept deliveries
- Verify use-by and expiration dates on all goods received
- Assist in placing orders and requisitions. Complete all necessary paperwork as required
- Keep menus, brochures and other promotional materials clean, tidy and readily available
- Obtain a guest list from reception at the start of each shift
- Ensure complete and accurate handover between shifts
- To operate a cash register and a computerised point of sale
- Accept and validate cash and credit/debit card payments in accordance with company policy. Correctly handle payments, receipts and change
- Charge bills to room accounts after checking the guest name and room number against the guest list
- Meet and greet customers at outlet’s entrance in a polite and friendly manner
- Promote certain items of food and drinks at appropriate times (e.g. special weekend menus etc.)
- Identify menu choices and record customer orders accurately
- Liaise with kitchen staff and serve the correct type, quality and quantity of food in accordance with laid down procedures
- Serve alcoholic drinks following licensing law and weights and measures requirements
- Serve drinks in the correct glassware at the correct temperature and with the appropriate accompaniments
- Prepare buffet displays as required
- Execute table, plated, buffet, carvery, silver, bar and any other type of restaurant service as required
- Clear customer tables, buffets, trays and trolleys of soiled and unrequired table items
- Carry out all work causing minimum disturbance to customers
- Maintain dining and service areas clean and tidy
- Maintain sufficient stock of clean table and service items, condiments and accompaniments
- Make sure that all service equipment is clean and free from damage at all times
- To adhere to standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance and posture
- Arrive on duty at the correct time
- Attend and participate in departmental, cross-departmental and company training sessions as required
- Accept changes or additions in work hours, which are necessary for the maintenance of uninterrupted service to hotel guests
- Work in a manner, which is safe and unlikely to give risk of harm or injury
- To be fully conversant with
- The current licensing law
- Weights and measures law
- Food Safety Act and Food Hygiene regulations
- Health & Safety at work requirements
- Payment methods accepted by the company
- Credit card Chip & Pin technology
- Menu items and food ingredients
- Wine and other beverage characteristics
- Cocktails and other mixed drinks preparation
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7504
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk