Sports Fitness Instructing / Personal Training Lecturer and Assessor / Programme Team Leader / PE Teacher / Trainer with teaching qualifications is required for a leading Specialist Vocational College based in Central London.
SALARY: £29,000 - £32,000 per annum
WORKING HOURS: up to 40 Hours per Week (9am to 6pm Monday to Friday, includes occasional evening and weekends)
We have an excellent opportunity for a Sports Fitness Instructing / Personal Training Lecturer and Assessor / Programme Team Leader that has teaching qualifications and experience working within an educational / college environment.
Working as the Sports Fitness Instructing / Personal Training Lecturer and Assessor / Programme Team Leader you will be responsible for the quality, results, learner progression and programme delivery across your curriculum area, which includes any commercial courses and any other grant funded programmes.
As the Sports Fitness Instructing / Personal Training Lecturer and Assessor / Programme Team Leader you will also ensure that all offsite programmes are managed and when required other staff are supported.
You will also be responsible to support the Quality Assurance for your programme and supporting other managers in maintaining robust QA procedures.
As a Lecturer, you will be responsible for a number of learners in the capacity of both tutor and assessor. You are to support and guide the students at all time to ensure that the learning is fun, interesting, relevant, challenging and appropriate.
If this sounds like your ideal job and you have the relevant industry experience as well as a teaching qualification then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Sports Fitness Instructing / Personal Training Lecturer and Assessor / Programme Team Leader:
- Deliver and support learning through formal scheduled high quality teaching on subjects from the range of Fitness courses ranging from Level 1, 2 and 3 Certificates in Fitness Instructing/Personal Training and shorter duration awards at all levels
- Achieve and be fully committed to the College’s retention and achievement rates of 92% retention and success
- Be responsible for the overall quality, results, learner progression and programme delivery across your curriculum area, which may include line management of fitness staff to support any commercial courses and any other grant funded programmes
- Obtain a consistent record of ‘Good’ observation grades (in line with OFSTED expectations) and aspire to achieve ‘Outstanding’ performance
- Report accurately on the progress of both individuals and groups and to forward these to the relevant Head of Education on a monthly basis
- Have a fully completed lesson plan before each lesson, evaluation to be completed after the lesson
- Administering, monitoring and evaluation of learner feedback from all learners producing reports to be fed back to the Head of Education and Training
- Liaise with external organisations to ensure learners receive maximum benefit from their experience of the programme (e.g. schools/councils/awarding body/professional organisation/employers)
- Develop and promote short courses, loans, apprenticeships and all other curriculum to ensure courses are filled and meet minimum delivery numbers
- To be flexible, working evenings and Saturdays when scheduled or required
- To act as a group tutor to more than one tutor group at a time, if required
- Accurately track all written assessments and practical assessments for your tutor group
- Ensure effective continuous assessment and action planning of learners portfolios throughout their programme and final assessment within the agreed two week time limit, ready for final IQA
Qualified IV / Internal Verifier / QA duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage the QA/IQA on all programmes to include employer workshops and any programmes
- Monitor the QA/IQA plans for the year
- Conduct and Monitor the direct observations of the assessment team and provide feedback on areas of future training and development needs to the Head of Education and Training
- Monitoring of the QA/IQA sampling process of all programme areas and for those assessors designated to you
- Monitor and support assessors and report on those assessors designated to you
- Provide and set standardisation activities for the assessment team and those assessors designated to you
- Implement and evaluate the outcomes of standardisation activities across the IQA team and work with the Head of Education and LIQA on activities to cover all units and types of evidence
- Ensure assessors are up to date with their continuous professional development, track this and sign off at the end of the year
- Liaise with the Head of Education and Training & Lead IQA on the development needs of the QA and assessment team
- Verifying assessment across Active IQ / fitness programmes
- Support Lead IQA with facilitating internal and external quality assurance activities
- Managing quality of delivery across all programmes
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Vocationally competent in Fitness level 2 and Personal Training level 3 or equivalent
- Teaching Qualification DTLLS, Cert Ed or PGCE and be willing to work towards gaining QTLS.
- Assessors Award (D33 and D33 or A1) or equivalent
- Prior experience with curriculum planning, design, quality assurance and programme delivery
- Experience and knowledge of working within a college environment. Strong teaching, learning and assessment experience of working as a tutor or facilitator
- Excellent IT skills to include MS Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel and ideally Access or similar database
DESIRABLE SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Internal Verifiers award D34/V1 or equivalent or at least working towards with a clear target date for completion
- A proven personal track record of high retention and achievement, with results of 85%+
- A proven track record of Good or Outstanding’ (in line with OFSTED/ALI grades) lesson observations
- Strong and sustained experience of managing quality assurance
- Successful Supervisory/Leadership experience within a range of settings
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P3882
Teaching / Educational Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Recruitment in London
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk