Fire Safety Officer that has a good knowledge of fire risk assessment and safety measures and controls within buildings is required for a highly successful and innovative Housing Organisation based in Poole, Dorset, South West England.
SALARY: £31,371 - £35,934 per annum
BENEFITS: Local Government Pension Scheme, Free Parking and Flexi-time.
LOCATION: Poole, Dorset
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Fire Safety Officer that has a good knowledge of fire risk assessment and safety measures and controls within buildings.
Working as the Fire Safety Officer you will report to the Head of Building Services and manage all aspects of fire safety compliance for buildings owned or managed by the organisation.
As the Fire Safety Officer, you will act as main point of contact for fire safety issues, manage and carry out fire risk assessments ensuring the organisation remains legally compliant and adheres to regulations and guidance. You will also manage relevant budgets to deliver effective fire safety measures.
The Fire Safety Officer will need to experience of working within a regulatory framework where compliance, risk management and precise outcomes are essential. You will be customer-focused, flexible and well organised.
Your duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage all aspects of Fire Safety compliance within all buildings owned or managed by the organisation
- Act as the point of contact for all stakeholders and peers in other organisations, regarding all matters of fire safety, leading and developing appropriate programmes
- Manage and carry out Fire Risk Assessments ensuring the organisation remains legally compliant
- Manage and control relevant Capital and Revenue budgets, to deliver effective fire safety measures
- Act as the main point of contact with the Dorset and Wiltshire Fire Service, for all aspects of fire safety
- Represent the organisation at Dorset-wide stakeholder meetings, regarding current and emerging fire safety policy
- Liaise with national organisations regarding fire safety policy, ensuring the organisation contributes to the debate. This will include the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government, the National Federation of ALMOs, the Local Government Association and the Borough of Poole
- Maintain awareness, manage and implement changes in relevant legislation from local and central government and the fire service, ensuring this is quickly assessed and circulated throughout the organisation
- Liaise with maintenance surveyors and other colleagues as appropriate to ensure timely and effective management of fire risk assessment remedial actions and to inform future budget requirements
- Compile reports for the Head of Building Services, Senior Management Team and Stakeholders regarding progress, new legislation, budget projection and emerging issues
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by customers, advising and dealing sympathetically with them, ensuring adequate consultation and liaison. Respond to complex and official complaints and Members’ enquiries within prescribed time scales and produce reports and place all appropriate orders as required
- Contribute effectively in the training and motivation of new and existing staff
- Working with the maintenance team to ensure specifications, schedules of work, any cost/estimates and works order/contracts comply with appropriate legislation
- Ensure effective communication with the wider business, stakeholders and residents to promote full understanding of fire safety policy
- Ensure that customers receive:
- A customer focused service
- Prompt, helpful and courteous services
- Clearly explained standards of service
- Delivery against the service standard
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience of working within a regulatory framework where compliance, risk management and exact outcomes are essential
- Comprehensive understanding of all areas of fire safety legislation, in particular as it relates to social housing
- Knowledge of fire safety and compliance in residential buildings
- Experience of fire risk assessment and fire safety measures and controls within buildings
- Good standard of general education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Decisive and results orientated with the ability to think strategically and act under own initiative
- Attention to detail with good organisational skills
- IT literate, MS Excel, Word and Project skills
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV and supporting statements to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4694
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Poole, Dorset, South West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk