Fire Safety Manager that has a comprehensive knowledge of fire safety legislation and compliance, and experience of managing fire risk assessments is required for a highly successful and innovative Housing Organisation based in Poole, Dorset, South West England.
SALARY: £36,153 - £40,858 per annum
BENEFITS: Local Government Pension Scheme, Free Parking and Flexi-time.
LOCATION: Poole, Dorset
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Fire Safety Manager that has a comprehensive knowledge of fire safety legislation and compliance, and experience of managing fire risk assessments.
Working as the Fire Safety Manager you will report to the Head of Maintenance and lead on and manage all aspects of fire safety compliance for buildings owned or managed by the Housing Organisation.
As the Fire Safety Manager, you will act as main point of contact for fire safety issues, liaise with national organisations regarding fire safety policy and influence and promote awareness to residents and other stakeholders.
The Fire Safety Manager will need to have knowledge of fire risk assessment and safety measures and controls within buildings. You will be customer-focused, flexible and well organised.
Your duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead on and manage all aspects of fire safety and influence and promote awareness to residents, stakeholders and the wider business
- Manage all aspects of Fire Safety compliance within all buildings owned or managed by the organisation
- Act as the point of contact for all stakeholders and peers in other organisations, regarding all matters of fire safety management, leading and developing appropriate programmes
- Procure and manage Fire Risk Assessments and associated remedial actions, ensuring the organisation remains legally compliant
- Manage and control relevant Capital and Revenue budgets, to deliver effective fire safety measures
- Maintain awareness and manage and implement changes in relevant legislation from local and central government and the fire service, ensuring this is quickly assessed and circulated throughout the organisation
- Compile reports for the Head of Maintenance, Senior Management Team and Stakeholders regarding progress, legislation and issues
- Contribute effectively in the training and motivation of new and existing staff
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience of working within a regulatory framework where compliance, risk management and exact outcomes are essential
- Comprehensive understanding of all areas of fire safety legislation
- Knowledge of fire safety and compliance in residential buildings
- Experience of fire risk assessment and fire safety measures and controls within buildings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Attention to detail with good organisational skills
- IT literate, MS Excel, Word and Project skills
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV and supporting statements to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4337
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Poole, Dorset, South West England. Recruitment services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk