Financial Controller / Qualified Accountant that has excellent team management and Sage Accounting skills who is self-motivated with up to date knowledge of UKGAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) is required to work for this successful Company based in Luton, Bedfordshire.
SALARY: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum + Benefits
LOCATION: Luton, Bedfordshire
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Financial Controller / Qualified Accountant that has excellent team management and Sage Accounting skills who is self-motivated with up to date knowledge of UKGAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
As the Financial Controller / Qualified Accountant you will report to the Group Finance Director and lead the Company’s financial accounting, reporting and control activities across a group of associated companies.
Working as the Financial Controller / Qualified Accountant you will help maintain an International Team of Accountants producing management accounts for a group of companies.
Your responsibilities will also involve assessing and improving costings, budgeting and general process and systems.
The successful candidate must be willing and able to travel overseas at least twice a year.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as the Financial Controller / Qualified Accountant will be:
- Lead the company's financial accounting, reporting and control activities across a group of associated companies and to ensure they are carried out efficiently, effectively and in line with best practice
- Help maintain an International team of Accountants producing management accounts for a group of companies
- Assess and improve costing and budgeting and general process and systems
- Continue development of systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of each company's finances
- Using a financial control framework, including financial accountabilities and authorities to ensure full financial control
- Develop and control a centralised accounting system to ensure that accounts are effectively managed
- Act as the main point of contact to external auditors and provide all required information as required
- Ensure accounting policies comply with the relevant accounting standards and that group policies are followed
- Recommend changes that will improve the company's financial performance and financial controls
- Prepare Management Accounts for numerous companies
- Assist with other UK based team members training and expansion of skill base
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Fully qualified accountant CA, ACA, ACCA or CIMA (or equivalent)
- Sound and up to date knowledge of UKGAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Experience of managing staff within an Accounts Department
- Excellent knowledge of Sage Accounting
- Previous Industry experience in a similar position, including experience of providing Financial Control across a group of companies
- Self-motivated with the ability to develop an Overseas Team to produce accurate results within specified timescales
- Confident problem solver with a positive can do attitude
- Willing and able to carry out overseas travel at least twice a year.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4002
Full Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Recruitment in Luton, Bedfordshire
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk