Financial Controller / Management Accountant / Finance Manager with a CIMA or ACCA qualification, excellent communication and presentation skills and experience with Sage 200 is required by a well-established children’s publishing company based in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire (30 minutes north of London with a direct train link to Euston).
SALARY: Competitive (Depending on experience) + Benefits
LOCATION: Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire (30 minutes from London Euston)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Financial Controller / Management Accountant / Finance Manager with a CIMA or ACCA qualification, excellent communication and presentation skills and experience with Sage 200.
Working as the Financial Controller / Management Accountant / Finance Manager you will off insight into the Management Accounts through analysis, discussion and commentary to ensure the Board as well as external investors are fully aware of the Company’s financial position.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified Financial Controller / Management Accountant / Finance Manager who is ambitious with demonstrable commercial experience.
As well as managing the finance team the post sits within the Senior Leadership Team and has additional leadership responsibilities in shaping the future vision, drive and expectations of the company.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Working at the Company is an opportunity to be part of an exciting story. They have grown year on year with an expanding market and staff team. The Company prides itself on its family culture and they believe they are unique in the world of publishing with their speed to market approach.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as Financial Controller / Management Accountant / Finance Manager will include:
- Manage and develop the finance team, including providing on-going supervision and support and performing timely PDRs
- Review financial controls, processes and systems offering solutions and improvements and implementing these changes accordingly
- Financial analysis of specific business actions and projects to ensure business practice is in line with the long-term strategy and to support the ongoing growth of the company
- Responsibility for the breakdown of ongoing business costs providing detailed analysis and commentary where there are significant deviations from budget
- Management and oversight of core finance operations including cash flow and forecasting, balance sheet reconciliations, preparation of month-end adjustment journals, bank reconciliations and fixed asset register
- Review the monthly management accounts providing commentary and analysis
- Review of ongoing pre-payments and accruals
- Preparation of the Financial Report for Board Meetings as well as other reports, analysis and commentary as requested by the Managing Director or CEO
- Finance representation within the Senior Leadership Team of the business
- Ownership of Company Budget and forecasts
- Review ‘Year End Accounts’ in preparation for year-end audit
- Prime contact for Auditors during end of year audit
- Communicating any payroll changes to third-party payroll provider as well as authorising and reconciling the monthly payroll reports
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- CIMA or ACCA qualification
- Demonstrable experience working with budgets, forecasts and departmental management accounts in a commercial environment
- Working knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP
- Experience in managing and motivating a team
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to use own initiative and judgement
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6095
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk