Financial Controller / Management Accountant with good technical accounting skills, ideally a professional qualification such as ACCA, CIMA or ACA and previous experience in a similar role is required for a well-established, fast-growing e-Commerce Agency based in Bedford, Bedfordshire.
SALARY: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum + Benefits
LOCATION: Bedford, Bedfordshire – with opportunities for some remote working
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Financial Controller / Management Accountant with good technical accounting skills, ideally a professional qualification such as ACCA, CIMA or ACA and previous experience in a similar role.
As the Financial Controller / Management Accountant you will work close with the senior management team to oversee the entire finance function within the company, where you will play a key role in providing strategic insight to the MD around future growth – the company has got some exciting plans!
The company is an established and fast-growing e-Commerce Agency, focusing on the design, development and marketing of high-performance e-Commerce sites, working with a large number of clients from SMBs to multinational blue chips.
There is a focused but informal atmosphere in the studio with around 45 team members who enjoy the company’s diligent and helpful approach to client projects.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your responsibilities as the Financial Controller / Management Accountant will include:
- Preparing and reporting the monthly management accounts to directors
- Managing the profit & loss and balance sheet reconciliations
- Producing monthly budgeting and forecasting packs for senior stakeholders
- Providing strategic analysis and financial guidelines on budgets & forecasts
- Monitoring and managing company cash flow
- Calculating and posting monthly journals such as WIP/deferred income
- Preparing and submitting all relevant statutory and regulatory accounts, VAT and other tax returns
- Reviewing existing finance processes and implementing new efficiencies and enhancements to the financial infrastructure
- Maintaining the accounts payable & receivable function
- Completing monthly payroll and issuing payments to staff
As the Financial Controller / Management Accountant you will have:
- Good technical accounting skills
- Proven experience within a similar level role
- The ability to liaise in a professional manner with internal stakeholders
- Professional qualifications such as ACCA, CIMA or ACA or equivalent
- Previous experience within an agency environment
- Experience working with Xero
The company is committed to creating a positive environment for all their people. You will be part of a fun and collaborative team and will work in an environment where you are supported and developed. Here's a snapshot of the benefits:
- 32 days holiday (including public holidays and a Christmas shutdown) - for time to properly unwind and recharge your batteries
- Flexible working hours - the core hours are 10am-12pm & 2pm-4pm, but other than that you can work when you want. It's your call
- Hybrid working options - choose where you work, at the studio or remotely, or any combination to suit you
- 5 professional development days - keep on top of your professional game with extra time, to hone your skills and acquire new ones
- Quarterly KPI bonus – the company gives everyone a generous quarterly performance-based bonus that rewards success
- Everybody's equal - they treat everyone fairly and with respect. It's that simple
- Trained mental health first-aiders on hand to listen and support anyone who needs to talk about how they feel, about work, or about anything else that’s causing worry or anxiety
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7201
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Bedford, Bedfordshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk