Financial Controller / Accountant / Finance Manager that has great management, budgeting, forecasting, analysis and management accounts experience required for a well-established Company based in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire.
SALARY: Competitive (depending on experience)
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Financial Controller / Accountant / Finance Manager that has previous management, budgeting, forecasting, analysis and management accounts experience.
Working as the Financial Controller / Accountant / Finance Manager you will report into the Business Director but will have direct exposure to the Managing Director and the Board.
As well as managing the current Finance Team the post sits within the Senior Leadership Team and has additional leadership responsibilities in shaping the future vision, drive, and expectations of the Company.
As the Financial Controller / Accountant / Finance Manager you will offer insight into the Management Accounts through analysis, discussion and commentary in order to provide a concise narrative to the Board as well as external investors.
Your responsibilities as the Financial Controller / Accountant / Finance Manager will also involve managing a team of 4 and will involve occasional travel as part of this post.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
- Manage and develop the Finance Team which includes a Senior Accountant, Trainee Accountant and currently 2 Accounts Assistants. This includes providing on-going supervision and support
- Review financial controls, processes and systems continually offering solutions and improvements and implementing these changes accordingly
- Financial Analysis of specific business actions and projects to ensure business practice is in line with the core intentions of the business and to support the ongoing growth of the company
- Responsibility for the analysis of ongoing business costs providing detailed analysis and commentary where there are significant deviations from budget
- Review the monthly management accounts providing detailed commentary and analysis
- Review of ongoing pre-payments and accruals
- Preparation of the Financial Report for Board Meetings as well as other reports, analysis and commentary as requested by the Managing Director or Business Director
- Production of the monthly Sales Report
- Communicating any payroll changes to our third party payroll provider as well as authorising and reconciling the monthly payroll reports
- Finance representation within the Senior Leadership Team of the business
- Ownership of Company Budget and forecasts
- Review ‘Year End Accounts’ in preparation for year-end audit
- Prime contact for Auditors during end of year audit
- Cash flow management and forecasting
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Either a recognised accounting qualification or significant accounting experience
- Experience in managing and motivating a staff team
- Very high degree of Computer Literacy – especially Microsoft Office
- Previous experience working with budgets, forecasts and departmental management accounts
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to use own initiative and judgement
- Experience with SAGE 200 would be beneficial
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | www.awdo.co.uk