Financial Controller who has strong accounting knowledge including UK GAAP and UK/US tax compliance, who is ACA / ACCA qualified with extensive post qualification experience is required to join our Finance Team at Chambers and Partners based in Holborn, London.
LOCATION: Holborn, London
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Financial Controller who has strong accounting knowledge including UK GAAP and UK/US tax compliance, who is ACA / ACCA qualified with extensive post qualification experience.
The job of the Financial Controller is to lead and develop the controllership function within the finance team, reporting to the Finance Director. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining an effective best practice financial control environment, including driving efficiency and improvement of all finance procedures.
As the Financial Controller you will deliver the monthly management accounts, year-end close and audited statutory accounts, and investor reporting. You will lead and manage the finance team to deliver best practice and high performance, reducing manual intervention and supporting the business growth agenda. You will also oversee delivery of external obligations including statutory filings, tax compliance, investor reporting and covenant testing.
Since 1990 Chambers and Partners has grown rapidly as a result of trusted research and objective analysis to become globally regarded as the definitive guide to the world’s best lawyers. Continuing to focus on its ongoing global expansion, strengthening its digital presence, hosting world-class seminars and recognising the importance of investing in its people means that it’s a very exciting time to be a part of Chambers and Partners.
Your duties as the Financial Controller include the following:
- Day to day transactional finance, acting as technical expert in tax and accounting matters including formulation and documentation of policy
- Management and development of controllership team including management accountants, credit control, AR/AP clerks and payroll manager
- Ownership of monthly management accounts, ensuring accuracy of core financial statements, associated reporting and reconciliations
- Responsible for treasury matters, including managing the relationship with business banking partner, regular cash flow forecasting and overseeing the credit control team to drive improvements in cash collection
- Responsibility for ensuring timely delivery of UK and US tax and statutory filings
- Lead year end close and annual audit process with responsibility for statutory accounts preparation (including consolidation)
- Implementation and monitoring of internal controls, procedures and policies
- Identify and deliver system led changes to drive efficiencies and enhanced transactional reporting and analytical capabilities
- Develop and maintain reporting, budgeting, forecasting and long-range planning models
- Assist in the delivery of high-quality board presentations in relation to monthly results, budgets, strategic projects, refinancing and transaction related matters
- Perform ad-hoc projects as required
Essential skills and qualifications:
- ACA/ACCA qualified with PQE
- Strong technical knowledge including UK GAAP, and UK/US tax compliance
- Experience in creating efficiencies, leveraging technology solutions and strengthening control environments
- Significant experience of managing a multi-discipline Finance team
- SAGE and Salesforce experience highly beneficial
- Experience within international, multi-company businesses
- Highly organised and efficient approach with the ability to work under pressure and manage individual and team workloads to strict deadlines
- Assertive individual with the ability to drive controllership across the business as well as high performance within the team
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels, presenting information clearly and simply, with great attention to detail and process
- Innovative individual with proven track record of identifying, initiating and implementing process improvements
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are committed to fostering and promoting an inclusive professional environment for all of our employees, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion are integral values of Chambers and Partners and are key in our culture. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals regardless of age, disability, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. This commitment applies across all of our employment policies and practices, from recruiting and hiring to training and career development. We support our employees through our internal INSPIRE committee with Executive Sponsors, Chairs and Ambassadors throughout the business promoting knowledge and effecting change.
Please note the deadline for applications may be brought forward if a high volume of applications is received, so we encourage early applications.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6219
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Chambers and Partners