Financial Accountant with an ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification, an audit background, strong communication skills and competency in dealing with all financial reporting and statutory filing requirements is required for a forward-thinking technology company based in Birchwood, Warrington, North West England.
SALARY: Competitive (depending on experience) with a Rewarding Benefits Package (see below)
LOCATION: Birchwood, Warrington, North West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Financial Accountant with an ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification, an audit background, strong communication skills and competency in dealing with all financial reporting and statutory filing requirements.
- Are you keen to work for a forward-thinking technology company who powers the worlds subscription entertainment systems with tier 1 clients?
- Do you perform well when given high degrees of autonomy?
- Are you seeking a company who actually listens to and cares about their employees from a wellbeing, career development and upskilling perspective?
If so, then we would like to hear from you. We are looking for a Financial Accountant for a new position which has arisen due to the company wanting to bring its transactional and financial accounting and reporting functions in house. At present this is outsourced to the company’s accountants and during the transition period the successful candidate will be working closely with them.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Financial Accountant will include:
- Manage the statutory accounts production and compliance processes ensuring adherence to statutory requirements and deadlines. Manage year-end audit
- Manage the tax compliance processes (for corporation tax, VAT, PAYE & NIC and CIS) ensuring adherence to statutory requirements and deadlines, including liaison with advisors
- Manage and support the Accounts Assistant & Bookkeeper
- Manage and develop finance processes to ensure that robust controls are in place in line with the requirements of the business
- Responsibility for group’s treasury management including administration of accounts and authorities
- Manage the group’s cash transactions and reconciliations within a robust control framework
- Manage the cash forecasting process to ensure that cash is actively managed, including early escalation of any issues
- Manage the group’s fixed asset registers and ensure that all capital expenditure is authorised in line with the delegated authority framework
- Manage the finance system to ensure that robust controls are in place regarding user access controls and segregation of duties
- Supporting the annual statutory audit process and ensuring appropriate backup/reconciliations are provided to support trial balance values and account disclosures, liaising with external auditors as required
- Preparation of year-end audit adjustment journals for input into accounting system, with supporting reconciliations to signed statutory accounts
- Review of reconciliation methods for relevant accounts with clear recommendations for improvements where necessary and influencing change
- Agree process of balances write-off with FDs/Client Accounts Manager
- Maintain a Risk Register of material issues and ensure resolution/actions are taken
As a Financial Accountant you will have the following key skills:
- Experience ideally gained within a Top 20 accountancy firm
- Relevant professional accounting qualification - ACA, ACCA, or equivalent
- Strong communication skills are essential
- Competency in dealing with all financial reporting and statutory filing requirements
- Significant experience in the preparation and/or review of statutory accounts including consolidations
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, modelling and similar)
- Self-motivated to produce high quality work to tight timescales
- Excellent team player with clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to influence change and improve processes
- High level of honesty and integrity
The company work well together as a talented and dedicated team. They are characterised by pace, progress and change, ad believe in unlocking everyone’s potential. Above all, they value every contribution their people make towards their clients and reward it.
- Learning & Development - they encourage constant learning so you can stay sharp on the variety of ever-changing technology
- Continuous Performance Managing (CPM) – Regular pay reviews throughout the year, mirroring a transparent and clear career structure
- Rapid growth resulting in quick and structured career progression and backfilling
- Health & Wellness – Individual health-care cash plan including dental, optical and more
- Business Park benefits including onsite gym offering classes and free personal training, laundry services, movie nights, onsite discounted childcare, Starbucks, multiple café’s and breakout areas, wellbeing weeks, running / walking clubs, free to use allotments and much more!
- Remote Working and Flexible Working Hours to ensure that work / life balance
- Free On-site parking & free access to local public transport
- Friendly ‘People First’ culture with a People team in place solely dedicated to staff, their individual needs and well-being. They roll out Employee Action Group workshops and regular surveys for all staff to voice where improvements can be made, resulting in quarterly focuses
- Monthly / Quarterly / Annual social events including free hot or cold breakfasts for monthly Employee of the Month announcements
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7186
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Birchwood Warrington, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk