Finance Officer that has previous Payroll, Accounts Payable / Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger and Control Accounts Reconciliation experience is required for a busy Accounts Team at Worthing Homes.
SALARY: up to £28,000 per annum (Depending on Experience) + Benefits
BENEFITS: 26 days holiday increasing to 29 days after 3 years’ service, 4% Employer pension contribution, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance (after 6 months), Employee Assistance Programme.
LOCATION: Worthing, West Sussex
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37 Hours per Week, Monday to Friday
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Finance Officer that has previous Payroll, Accounts Payable / Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger and Control Accounts Reconciliation experience.
Working as the Finance Officer at Worthing Homes, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the Accounts Team delivers excellent, quality and flexible customer focused services.
As the Finance Officer, you will be working collaboratively across the organisation, supporting colleagues in the development of a strong culture and behaviours that focus on our key priorities around customers, performance, quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
This is an ideal role for a dynamic, motivated, adaptable professional who has a passion for finance / accountancy. Working closely with the Finance Manager and other team members you will be responsible for a wide variety of accounting including:
- Accounts Payable / Purchase Ledger
- Sales Ledger
- Reconciling Control Accounts
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic finance professional to join the Worthing Homes team, based in our refurbished office and having the benefit of an up to date IT infrastructure, helping us drive our business forward. The successful candidate will have experience in a finance transaction accounting role and either be working towards or hold the AAT qualification.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Finance Officer:
- Responsible for day-to-day income and expenditure transactions
- Prepare reconciliations for balance sheet accounts
- Provide cover for the other Finance Officers in their absence to carry out time critical tasks
- Ensure that all invoices are coded correctly and authorised, and input into the Purchase Ledger
- Prepare weekly BACS payments run, remittance advices and cheques for payment
- Reconcile supplier statements with Purchase Ledger
- Manage the petty cash float and other cash floats when required
- Prepare the banking and import the data into the rent and finance systems on a daily basis
- Calculate and monitor tenants monthly and weekly direct debits
- Take card payments over the phone
- Raise invoices for rechargeable repairs
- Chase outstanding recharge debtors
- Refer former tenants to the debt collectors upon request from other teams and keep records of action taken
- Assist in the preparation and posting of journals
- Prepare and post banking and payroll transactions
- Reconcile allocated control accounts monthly
- Carry out any ad hoc financial analysis and reporting as requested by the Finance Manager
- Update the company’s payroll system with variable payments, sickness statistics, tax information and other authorised data relating to the payment of salaries and allowances
- Run the company’s payroll
WHO ARE WE?
Helping people create sustainable futures
We believe that good quality affordable housing is the foundation required for so many other things that we all depend on but may take for granted – security, education, health, work and support networks.
It’s much more than bricks and mortar – it’s about people, communities and opportunities.
Worthing Homes has over 3,500 properties in the Sussex coastal area. We provide affordable rented homes, key worker accommodation, low cost shared ownership, sheltered housing and new homes for local people.
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we strive to effectively manage, maintain and improve their homes.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience working within in a finance transaction accounting role and either be working towards or hold the AAT qualification
- Excellent level of numeracy, plus a high level of accuracy
- Good time-management and organisational skills with the ability to organise own workload
- IT literate with experience of MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook) and experience using a computerised accounts package
- Good written and verbal communication skills
We are an inclusive organisation and value each individual’s unique contribution, irrespective of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4540
This vacancy is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Worthing Homes
Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Worthing, West Sussex. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.