Finance Assistant / Officer who is highly motivated and efficient, can work on their own but also as part of an accounts team, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, is required for a fast-growing Multi Academy Trust based in Leicester, Leicestershire, East Midlands.
The successful candidate will ideally hold or be studying for a finance/business related qualification
** Will consider Full-Time or Part-Time Hours **
SALARY: £17,360 - £20,937 per annum + Benefits (depending on experience and qualifications) + Benefits
LOCATION: Leicester, East Midlands
TYPE: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract, Full-Time or Part-Time Hours – 52 weeks per annum
** The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Finance Assistant / Officer who is highly motivated and efficient, can work on their own but also as part of a team, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
As the Finance Assistant / Officer you will report to the Area Finance Manager, providing support to two schools in the Leicester area. You will support the Finance Manager with a variety of tasks that support monitoring of budgets, invoicing processing BACS payments and monitoring spend.
Working as the Finance Assistant / Officer you will have a good working knowledge and competence in Excel and Word coupled with great attention to detail and high standards of accuracy.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV and Cover Letter as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as the Finance Assistant / Officer will include:
- Support financial administration across the Trust
- Input of standing information to finance system (suppliers, debtors) in accordance with procedures
- Processing of Purchase Orders from requisitions, accurately and in accordance with agreed authorisation and timescales
- Printing of Purchase Orders, checking for accuracy and distributing to suppliers and budget holders as required
- Processing of invoices, checking to Purchase Orders and goods received notes, ensuring appropriate authorisation and payment in accordance with agreed procedures and timescales
- Manage weekly BACS/cheque run in accordance with the Bank mandate
- Investigating and resolving supplier invoices under query, arranging returns and ensuring that refunds or credit notes are received
- Raising of Sales Invoices from appropriate documentation
- Printing of Sales Invoices, checking for accuracy, and distributing to debtors
- Implementation of debt collection procedures, including referral to a debt collection agency if appropriate
- Processing of all Academy income (cheques and cash), and banking of same
- Maintaining a detailed record of non-invoiced income relating to trips etc.
- Carry out the necessary arrangements with regard to lettings and other events regarding invoicing and collection of payments
- Processing and reconciliation of petty cash
- Recording of credit card transactions, assistance to staff using the credit card, reconciliation of statement
- Calculation of internal recharging to departments (e.g. reprographics and hospitality) and processing of subsequent journals
- Assist with month end procedures including bank and other reconciliations and posting of journals as required
- To provide financial information reports from the finance system for budget holders and give advice as requested
- Organise and maintain Contracts and Service Level Agreements (SLA) file updating information
- Dealing with queries from suppliers (including statements), debtors, budget holders and other internal staff
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- GCSE maths/English or equivalent
- Proven experience in a finance/busy administration department
- Working knowledge of computerised finance systems and financial controls
- Working knowledge, and competent, in Excel and Word
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing across a wide range of audiences
- High standard of accuracy and presentation
- The ability to work with initiative and to tight deadlines
- Show resilience under pressure
- Have good organisational skills
- Is discreet and respects confidentiality
- Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- Willing to undertake further professional development
- Approachable and confident in dealing with a wide variety of people
- Hold or be studying for a finance / business related qualification
- IT related qualifications
- Studied A level’s or equivalent
- Previous experience of working in a school
- A genuine ambition and interest in improving the life choices for our young people and the wider community
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-C5281
Full-Time, Part-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Leicester, Leicestershire, East Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk