Finance Analyst / Accountant who has an accounting background and is either newly qualified or about to be qualified CIMA / ACA /ACCA with a high level of Microsoft Excel skills is required for a well-established company based in Sherborne St John, Hampshire, South East England.
LOCATION: Hybrid role split between remote / home and the office in Sherborne St John, Hampshire (minimum 3 days in the office each week, including every Monday)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Finance Analyst / Accountant who has an accounting background and is either newly qualified or about to be qualified CIMA / ACA /ACCA with a high level of Microsoft Excel skills.
The company is committed to building a culturally, socially and ethnically diverse workforce, and to representing the beautiful diversity of their consumers. They therefore actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds and communities.
The finance function is a key part of ensuring that the company is a successful business.
Working as the Finance Analyst / Accountant you will join a team whose primary functions are to ensure accurate and timely information is provided to the business whilst at the same time implementing necessary control, unlocking value, driving agility and fuelling growth by partnering the functions of the business. In driving growth, it is important that the risks are managed to reduce any impact on the business.
This role is a new position and has been created in line with the growth they are seeing in the business.
The right attitude is fundamental to any role within the business and Finance is no exception. The company is looking for a Finance Analyst / Accountant who wants to make a difference, learn and develop continually whilst working in a fast-paced team. You will be a fantastic communicator and be able to work both individually and within a team with purpose and passion. In addition, you will become an ambassador for the brand and a fabulous team.
The team is very hands on, creative, forward thinking and adept. This role, as a Finance Analyst / Accountant, does both doing and delegating, ensuring the company get on with things and seize opportunities in a timely fashion. You must want to be part of a team where ‘no’ and ‘can’t’ simply don’t exist. You must be hungry and ambitious for both the business and yourself to succeed, as the two will be completely aligned.
Your duties as a Finance Analyst / Accountant will include:
- Working with the Finance Business Partner and the wider business in managing, tracking and forecasting operating expenses
- Working with the Finance Business Partner in business partnering with the Marketing team to track and report both current and future marketing spend including budget variances, reforecasting, ROI tracking and development of KPIs
- Manage web sales reconciliation process
- Working alongside the Commercial Finance Manager, in managing the EPOS/Sales actualisation process
- Working alongside the Commercial Finance Manager and the sales team in ensuring trade spend/promotional spend is appropriated, recorded and approved
- Working with the Commercial Finance Manager in the development of daily sales reporting
- Working with the Commercial Finance Manager and the technical team in the benchmarking and subsequent update of SKU cost of goods
- Lead the reconciliation of the Company’s stock control system with its accounting system
- Manage company credit card and reimbursable expenses
- Work with the Finance Business Partner, lead the management and reporting of prepayments, accruals, and loans on the balance sheet
- Work alongside the outsourced AP ledger in managing the aged creditors ledger and supplier payment process
- Assist the Finance Business Partner in leading the reporting and development of weekly cash flow forecast
- Working alongside the outsourced AR team and the sales team manage the debtor book
- Support both the Commercial Finance Manager and the Finance Business Partner in preparation and reporting of the monthly board deck
- Newly or about to be qualified CIMA/ACA/ACCA
- Ideally degree educated or equivalent
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Experience in Xero beneficial but not essential
- Used to working in fast paced environments
- Commercial experience preferable
- Experience of working across Finance and Non-Finance teams
- Proactive and able to work independently
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Wants to develop and progress through the business
- Strong communicator and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of ownership of projects, accepts accountability
- High standards of integrity, honesty and personal curiosity
- Able to thrive on managing multiple and changing priorities calmly when under pressure
- Resilient and persistent in the face of ambiguity and dynamic work conditions
- Exceptionally detail focused and organised – relentlessly high standards
- A sense of humour and a general drive to just get things done
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7697
Full-Time, Permanent Accountancy Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Sherborne St John, Hampshire, South East England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk