Finance Administrator / Purchase Ledger Accounts Assistant with an analytical approach and a high attention to detail and accuracy is required for a leading specialist vocational college based in London.
SALARY: Up to £25,000 per annum
WORKING HOURS: 40 Hours per Week (occasional evenings and weekends)
TYPE: Maternity Cover 6–12 Months
We have an excellent opportunity for a Finance Administrator / Purchase Ledger Accounts Assistant with an analytical approach and a high attention to detail and accuracy.
Working as the Finance Administrator / Purchase Ledger Accounts Assistant you will provide an effective purchasing and stock management function which will involve stock reports and stock counts, ordering stock, stock transfers, sourcing suppliers and managing supplier relationships.
As the Finance Administrator / Purchase Ledger Accounts Assistant you will create purchase orders and associated reconciliations in an accountancy bespoke software.
Successful candidates will join the Finance Department, which provides a complete finance service to the whole College, addressing all financial issues and providing all relevant information to meet internal and external demands.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
- Organise and manage the routine work activities in Accounts Payable and ensure efficient and accurate operations
- Coding and processing Supplier’s invoices. Obtain authorisation from the appropriate budget holder. Processing monthly payment runs based on invoices approved for payment by Finance Director and Executive board
- Filing and scanning documents
- Process direct debits, update and maintaining spreadsheet with new direct debits, contracts filing electronically
- Aged Creditors reconciliation for monthly Management Accounts
- Processing of expense claims after checking receipts to ensure they’re accurately recorded and supporting documentation is adequate. Analyse expenses ensuring they are accurately allocated to projects and cost centres
- Taking Balance Payments for courses and chasing outstanding debt when necessary
- Create monthly Purchase Orders (PO) and send off to the relevant suppliers, ensuring all orders relate to specific budgets
- Main point of contact for ordering items on line; booking hotels and travel etc. using Company Credit Card. Preparing monthly Credit Card reconciliation report for review
- Responsible for utilising and maintaining Stock Control on Sage. Preparing monthly Stock Reconciliation for Management Accountant to review. Coordinating with all departments to obtain monthly Stock Takes and processing it on the system
- Petty cash control – dealing with small expenses within the company and control of float available in the department
- Assist Finance team with monthly Management Accounts as and where necessary
- Holiday cover of other Accounts Assistants to include:
- Raising sales orders and sales invoices
- Credit control, chasing students for payment
- Banking cash received
- Ensure accurate record and data entry onto all systems
Education, Achievements, Qualifications, and Training
- Part Qualified technician level or studying towards AAT or equivalent
- Experience of using accountancy software
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience of Purchase Ledger is desirable
- Stock Control knowledge/experience is desirable
Skills and Attributes
- Accurate data entry skills
- Good organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to work with a high level of accuracy
- Committed to providing excellent customer service
- Excellent communication, written and numerical skills
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Administrative and Accountancy Temporary Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in London
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk