Field Service Engineer / Equipment Maintenance & Repair Technician who has previous experience working within a commercial / technical environment with strong mechanical engineering repair skills and a basic understanding of electrical systems is required for a well-established, Global Designer, Manufacturer and Distributor.
SALARY: up to £28,000 per annum (depending on experience) + Performance Related Bonus + Full Expensed Company Car including fuel + Healthcare Plan + Pension + 20 Days Annual Leave, rising to 25 Days after 2 Years Service
LOCATION: Candidate will predominately cover Lancashire / Yorkshire, and will include some UK wide travel (around 6 times per year) which will involve some overnight stays.
This will be a home-based role whilst not out on site. However, you will be required to visit the office in Bury 2 days per month.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will need a Full Driving Licence (Company Vehicle Provided)
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Field Service Engineer / Equipment Maintenance & Repair Technician who has previous experience working within a commercial / technical environment with strong mechanical engineering repair skills and a basic understanding of electrical systems.
The company is an ambitious growing global designer, manufacturer and distributor of sophisticated measurement instruments and technologies. Operating in the UK, USA and Malaysia for over 80 years, they have sales in more than 30 countries through a worldwide network of Sales Executives, Distributors, Partners and strategically located operations.
Working as a Field Service Engineer / Equipment Maintenance & Repair Technician you will predominately support customers throughout the Lancashire and Yorkshire region, which will include some UK wide customer visits (around 6 per year) which will require overnight stays.
As the Field Service Engineer / Equipment Maintenance & Repair Technician you will service, repair and calibrate equipment on customer sites.
As a successful candidate you will have good customer facing skills with a strong mechanical engineering background and a basic understanding or electrical systems.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as a Field Service Engineer / Equipment Maintenance & Repair Technician will include:
- Liaise with customers to set up both scheduled maintenance and breakdown repair visits
- Complete required paperwork punctually to ensure scheduled maintenance/repair visits are recorded correctly and appropriate calibration certificates and invoices are raised promptly
- Maximise revenue by identifying where additional charges apply and/or selling additional products and spares
- Observe and adhere to health & safety guidelines and contribute to a healthy and safe working environment
- Assist customer services team with in-house repairs / calibrations when required
- Carry out annual calibration on the company’s assets used in the calibration of customer equipment
- Always maintain a professional appearance and manner
- Attend all training courses and meetings as required
- Suggest areas for continuous improvement of the company’s systems and processes
- Proven experience in a similar industry and in a commercial/technical environment
- Strong mechanical engineering / repair skills, ideally backed up with a vocational or academic qualification
- Basic understanding of basic electrical systems
- Able to take on product training across a range of medium complexity mechanical devices
- Experience of engaging with customers face to face and able to represent the Company professionally
- Effective communication style when interacting with colleagues, managers and customers
- Self-directed, resourceful and conscientious
- Flexible approach to work and be prepared to work extra hours and stay away from home when required
- Computer literate and experience with MS Office applications
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6232
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Lancashire / Yorkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk