Field Engineer / Repair and Maintenance Operative who can use hand tools (spanners, screw drivers, ratchet sets etc.) is required to carry out basic maintenance tasks for Air and Water Machines on Petrol Station Forecourts within a designated area.
Candidates DO NOT need an engineering background, although this would be desirable. However, you must be good with your hands and be comfortable working with hand tools (spanners, screw drives, ratchet sets etc.) – Additional Training Provided.
SALARY: up to £18,137 per annum + Company Van + Benefits (Full Details Below)
LOCATION: You will cover the North London, Hemel Hempstead and London Colney area
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 40 Hours per Week, Monday to Friday
Possible weekend working available (not compulsory) if required by the company on a pre-agreed overtime basis for which premium rates are paid.
PLEASE NOTE: You MUST hold a current, full driving licence
** Training Provided **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Field Engineer / Repair and Maintenance Operative who can use hand tools (spanners, screw drivers, ratchet sets etc.) and who enjoys being out on the road visiting sites within a designated area.
Working as the Field Engineer / Repair and Maintenance Operative you will visit Petrol Station Forecourts and carry out physical checks on the Air and Water Machines and valeting equipment to ensure they are operational.
As the Field Engineer / Repair and Maintenance Operative you will also ensure the forecourt valeting facilities are clean and tidy, collect cash from the machines, inspect equipment and carrying out basic repairs (changing nozzles, hoses etc.).
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
As the Field Engineer / Repair and Maintenance Operative your duties include:
- Carry out checks to the equipment in the Plant Room
- Maintain the cleanliness of the Wash Bays and vehicle wash equipment
- Carry out test washes on Car Wash / Jet Wash and check/replenish chemical levels to the machine in accordance and ensure the machine is operating to the required standard
- Carry out physical check of Vacuum and ensure the machine is operating to the required standard
- Carry out a physical check of the Air Water Towers. Test and clean and ensure the machine is operating to the required standard
- Undertake basic adjustment, minor repairs and replacements of hand-held equipment components with a view to maximising equipment availability and the quality of the customer offer
- Report valeting equipment breakdowns outside scope of role to the Service Centre and Line Manager
- Complete work sheet / time sheet and site visit checklist
- Communicate effectively with the Company and site staff to ensure that work is being carried out efficiently and in a timely manner
- Hold a current, full driving licence
- Must be good with your hands and be able to use hand tools (spanners, screwdrivers, ratchet sets etc.)
- Excellent communicator with both Line Manager, customers and across departments
- Have a positive, ‘can do’ approach to the role
- Ability to work to set routine independently with the ability to take initiative
- Understand what it is to be an Ambassador of the Company
- Has an engineering background would be desirable, although not essential as training is provided
- Salary up to £18,137 per annum + Overtime at Premium Rates (overtime is not compulsory) plus paid from Home to Home
- Company Bonus Scheme – based on overall annual profit of the company (after 1 year of service)
- Company Van that can be used for private use (HMRC taxation will apply)
- Employee Benefit Scheme – health cash plan (HMRC taxation will apply) and discounted shopping
- Workplace Pension in line with statutory obligations
- 22 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays. This will increase by 1 day for every 1 calendar year worked as at 1st Jan of any year up to a maximum of 25 days plus 8 bank holidays
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6218
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in North London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk