Farm Shop Manager / Store Manager who has great staff management, customer service and excellent written and verbal communication skills is required for an Award Winning, popular and well-established Farm Shop.
SALARY: £22,000 - £25,000 per annum (Depending on Experience) + Benefits
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 40 Hours per Week, 8:00am to 5:00pm - working pattern across alternate weeks of Tuesday to Saturday and Wednesday to Sunday
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Farm Shop Manager / Store Manager who has great staff management, customer service and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Working as the Farm Shop Manager you will be instrumental in the day-to-day smooth running of the store, ensuring all departments uphold the ethics and values of the business and provide a first-class customer experience.
As the Farm Shop Manager, you will have a great opportunity to join a well-established, family run business that has become famous for home reared, local produce and great quality ingredients, showcased in the Farm Shop and served in The Granary Café.
The Farm Shop products include: the best of the region’s cheeses; local milk and dairy items; home produced breads and cakes from their own bakery; a good range of seasonal fruit and veg; their own free range eggs; home produced cooked meats; a wide range of homemade pies including their award winning pork pies.
The farm butchery is the heart of their business and this is also part of the Farm shop. The meat they sell is broken down by their skilled team of master butchers and presented for sale in the shop in an ever-increasing array of products and home-produced specialities.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Farm Shop Manager:
- Ensure your Team provide outstanding customer service and that a customer never leaves feeling they have not been given great service
- Act as an ambassador for the Farm’s brand, sharing creativity, passion, enthusiasm and knowledge across the business always leading the way with great customer communications
- Manage, lead, motivate and develop the Team, including conducting interviews, appraisals and performance reviews and organising training and development
- Support the Store Team serving customers as and when required
- Manage the Team rota including holidays, ensuring that there is always appropriate cover available at all times
- Overall accountability for appropriate levels of shop stock, making key decisions about stock control
- Ensure stock is always compliant with food safety legislation with regards to date codes, labelling, pricing and storage
- Ensure standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Organise special promotions, displays and events
- Ensure company budgets are met
- The preferred candidate will fit with the store’s ethics and culture and their family values
- You will be enthusiastic and driven by a passion for delivering an outstanding standard of service
- You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You will be an effective people manager with proven leadership, people management and motivational skills
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to build instant rapport and effective working relationships
- Ability to use own initiative
- High levels of attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to create and implement systems and procedures
- Grade C or above GCSE (or equivalent) in Numeracy and English
- Customer service qualification (desirable)
- Management qualification (desirable)
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5183
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Consett, County Durham, North East England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk