Executive Director of Operations with significant strategic leadership experience and the acumen to sustain and develop council services in challenging financial circumstances, with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, elected members, and stakeholders is required for a Borough Council based in Ripley, Derbyshire.
SALARY: £83,424 to £88,985 per annum (Band 1) + Benefits
BENEFITS: Generous Annual Leave Entitlement, Pension Scheme, Flexible Working Scheme, Relocation Expenses (where appropriate)
LOCATION: Ripley, Derbyshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Executive Director of Operations with significant strategic leadership experience and the acumen to sustain and develop council services in challenging financial circumstances, with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, elected members, and stakeholders.
As the Executive Director of Operations you will lead, with the other Executive Director, the overall implementation of the Council’s vision, values and objectives and to provide a strong sense of direction, optimism and purpose throughout the organisation.
Working with the other Executive Director of Operations you will act as the Council’s Head of Paid Service or Deputy Head of Paid Service in accordance with the Council’s Constitution in alternate calendar years, inspiring, motivating and developing the Council’s workforce so that they have a real sense of ownership of the Council’s vision, values and objectives and are encouraged to perform to the highest level and make best use of their talents.
Your main duties and responsibilities as the Executive Director of Operations will include:
- Establish effective working relationships with the Leader of the Council, Members of the Executive, political groups and all Councillors to ensure effective governance of the Council and the probity and integrity of decision making
- Lead the Council’s Management Team and ensure the development and delivery of effective, efficient and responsive services
- Ensure the prudent financial management and budgetary control of Council services
- Oversee a performance management framework and the design and implementation of improvement projects
- Develop and sustain effective and productive partnerships with other local authorities, central government, local businesses, public and voluntary sector organisations
- Be Deputy Returning Officer for elections, including attending planning meetings of the Core Elections Team, assisting on polling day as an inspector and at the count, and deputising for the Returning Officer
- Oversee the monitoring and review of the Leisure Centres’ PFI contract
- Provide lead management responsibility for the Environment Unit (including the Recycling and Waste Collection Contract) and the Development Management Unit
- Oversee the emergency and business continuity planning process as required by legislation and ensure that the Council’s Safety Management System is implemented at all times throughout the organisation
- Attend daytime and evening meetings of the Council, Cabinet, Boards, Committees and Sub-Committees
- Represent the Council at external meetings
- To administer Assets of Community Value nominations
- To consult with the Chairman of Planning Board on use of the powers regarding trees
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- A relevant professional qualification or equivalent experience
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Evidence of on-going management training
- Ability to support the delivery of cost-effective customer facing services
- Ability to establish good working relationships with a wide range of people and organisations
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Plan strategically to achieve long term aims
- Empowers others and delegates appropriately
- Can communicate effectively in writing and verbally, with a wide array of people and groups
- Political awareness and astuteness, including the ability to build effective and appropriate relationships with elected councillors
- Able to research and investigate to aid decision making
- Undertake effective service development and transformation which delivers the most cost effective and efficient services for the Council
- Able to manage complex projects
- Numerate and an aptitude for financial/cost accounting
- Thorough understanding of the key issues facing local government
- Understanding of the legislative and organisational context of local government services
- Knowledge of governance, financial and performance regimes in local government
- Substantial experience in a strategic senior leadership role in a complex and customer focused public sector organisation
- Substantial experience of effective financial, performance and people management
- Experience of designing and delivering change management processes with evidenced outcomes
- Experience of the administration of elections
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7141
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Ripley, Derbyshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk