Conference and Events Manager who has previous event operations management experience with the ability to manage an event from start to finish, which includes managing costs and budgets is required for an award-winning specialist events design, marketing and communications agency based in Lewes, East Sussex.
SALARY: up to £30,000 per annum (depending on experience)
LOCATION: Hybrid Role. 3 days per week in the Lewes office, East Sussex and 2 days per week remote working from home.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Conference and Events Manager who has previous event operations management experience with the ability to manage an event from start to finish, which includes managing costs and budgets,
The company is an award-winning specialist events design, marketing and communications agency with 25 years’ experience and expertise delivering creative solutions to mainly healthcare, and third sector organisations.
Working as the Conference and Events Manager you will consistently deliver exceptional client events - in person, virtually and hybrid.
As the Conference and Events Manager you will have a strong operational understanding and previous practical experience in event logistics and revenue management. You are likely to be self-motivated and want to deliver the best quality events possible. In the role you will have exposure across the whole business and the opportunity to drive and manage projects alongside the managing directors.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as the Conference and Events Manager include:
- Plan and manage the end-to-end logistics for: in-person, hybrid & virtual events
- Managing budgets to ensure events achieve all relevant targets
- Managing delegate registrations via web, email, and telephone
- Liaising with sponsoring organisations and guest speakers
- Liaise and negotiate with all venues, suppliers, and contractors
- Conference administration and onsite management
- Delivering online webinars, virtual events, and hybrid solutions for clients
- Managing awards entries, shortlisting, judging days and awards dinners
- Work with design on all signage, event guides and event materials
- Researching, sourcing and negotiation with event suppliers
- Virtual platform building and management, editing content for virtual events
- Continually reviewing event processes and procedures suggesting improvement
- Attend on-site at events, including the set-up and breakdown (mainly UK based, and occasional weekends required)
- Previous physical event operations experience
- Intelligent, energetic, and bright; ideally educated to degree level
- Able to quickly grasp new ideas, think on your feet and work to deadlines
- Well-developed problem-solving skills, resilience, common sense, and ability to take initiative
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional attention to detail and project management skills
- Good cost and budget control with strong numeric skills and commercial sense
- In-depth knowledge of venue searches, with the ability to perform and prepare recommendations for the team
- The ability to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously including registration, flights, transfers, accommodation, external venues, VIPs and so on
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise with clients and sponsors
- Excellent negotiation skills in dealing with suppliers
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7563
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Lewes, East Sussex. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk