Estate Manager (Resident Property / Residential Building Management) that has excellent organisational, communication and time-management skills with the ability to manage trades people (Electricians, Plumbers, Builders) and other third-party contractors is required for a well-established not-for-profit Leasehold Property Management Company.
SALARY: £23,660 Pro Rata (take home pay £10,140 per annum based on 15 Hours per Week) / £13.00 per Hour + Benefits
LOCATION: East Horsley, Surrey
JOB TYPE: Part-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 15 Hours per Week, Monday to Friday (3 Hours per Day)
This role will be customer facing and you will provide a supportive estate management service for all residents, meeting them and explaining your role on site.
This role can also be quite physical and will involve sweeping footpaths and walkways, taking out industrial sized bins for collection and basic DIY repairs ensuring the building and surrounding outside areas are kept neat and tidy.
If you have the above qualities we would like to hear from you!
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Estate Manager (Resident Property / Residential Building Management) that has excellent organisational, communication and time-management skills with the ability to manage trades people (Electricians, Plumbers, Window Cleaners) and other third-party contractors.
Working as the Estate Manager (Resident Property / Residential Building Management) you will be responsible for the day to day smooth running of the development (the buildings and associated grounds) including the supervision of contractors, ensuring the building is well maintained and welcoming.
As the Estate Manager (Resident Property / Residential Building Management) you will have a professional and friendly approach and will give a positive impression of the Company. You will be responsible for maintaining the gardens and providing handyman skills where required in the communal area. There will also be other basic maintenance duties such as clearing leaves, raking driveways and jet washing.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Estate Manager (Resident Property / Residential Building Management) include:
Buildings & Grounds
- Order repairs to all defects and maintenance problems
- Be familiar with the position of service control points in case of emergency (i.e. water main stop cocks, electricity supply switches and fuses etc)
- Ensure that the inventory of all equipment and fittings is kept up to date and any discrepancies are recorded and notified to your Area Manager
- Ensure that services are delivered to owners in accordance with the lease terms, and to explain lease responsibilities to owners as required
- Make sure all grounds and common parts are kept clean and tidy and that landscaped areas are maintained to a high standard as directed by the Horticulturist. This may include ‘hands on’ gardening work, including lawn mowing
- Monitor the performance of on-site contractors and report any problems to your Area Manager
- Be responsible for the safe custody of the leaseholders’ spare keys or master key (if any) and only to use them to enter a property in the event of an emergency
- Maintain and be responsible for a petty cash float for small items of day to day expenditure and to ensure that petty cash claims are presented to your Area Manager each month
Support for Owners
- Maintain regular contact with owners
- Be available in case of emergency between the hours of 9.00 to 5.00, including returning to the estate if necessary
- Assist owners by explaining and demonstrating the facilities of the estate and correct operation of installed services (e.g. entry-phones or lifts)
- Maintain an up to date record of each owner’s details and emergency contacts, and immediately notify your Area Manager of any changes in circumstances
- Maintain the accident book and daily diary of events and activities for the estate
- Attend Estate Managers general meetings, training sessions and courses as and when required
- Understand and implement the Association’s Health and Safety policies
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in providing service to customers in a residential environment
- Gardening/grounds maintenance experience
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Have a caring nature and take pride in the estate
- Have a pro-active manner and attention to detail
- Able to respect confidentiality and be diplomatic
- Work independently using own initiative
- Good IT skills using MS Office to a reasonable standard
- Full UK driving licence and access to a car
- Willingness to be flexible with hours, occasionally respond to emergencies outside of work hours
- Experience of working in a property/building maintenance environment
- Handyperson/Caretaker experience is desirable
This post is subject to a DBS check
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4830
Part-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in East Horsley, Surrey. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk