Engineering Maintenance Technician / Equipment & Machine Repair Engineer with formal engineering qualifications such as City & Guilds or equivalent is required for a Plant / Depot in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England.
SALARY: £28,000 - £33,000 per annum + Bonus + Van + Benefits
LOCATION: Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England
PLEASE NOTE: A full driving license is required - a vehicle will be supplied as part of the role
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Engineering Maintenance Technician / Equipment & Machine Repair Engineer with formal engineering qualifications such as City & Guilds or equivalent.
Working as the Engineering Maintenance Technician / Equipment & Machine Repair Engineer you will be the principle contact within your district.
As the Engineering Maintenance Technician / Equipment & Machine Repair Engineer you will ensure the Company’s trucks and equipment are well maintained and are ready for service every day.
The role is heavily focused around proactive and reactive maintenance. A flexible approach to the role is necessary as the Engineering Maintenance Technician / Equipment & Machine Repair Engineer as you will need to cover both afternoon and morning shift where applicable and will also be expected to offer some out of hours support by either attending site or supporting remotely via phone. The role will also involve regular travel within the UK, so a full UK driving license and willingness to stay out overnight on occasion will be required.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure the safe continuous operation of company assets and machinery in line with availability, utilisation and throughput targets
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance activities within the District in order to keep downtime to a minimum using preventive and reactive maintenance procedures in line with site specific maintenance schedules
- Assist the Plant Supervisors in the operation of the planned maintenance system, including appropriate record keeping either by electronic or other means
- Contribute to the forward planning of shut down and capital works within operational confines is of paramount importance
- Ensure that the facility’s availability is optimised through constant and sustained programs of maintenance, to company safety and operational procedures and fully compliant with HSE and related legislation
- Carry out planned and breakdown maintenance at the facility prioritising works, utilising the onsite defect reporting system in agreement with the Plant Supervisor
- Maintain the workshop area and subsequent spares availability to ensure minimum down time
- Work with the Engineering Team to ensure Plant critical spares are identified and available
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE
- Act as a stand in for the Plant Supervisors during periods of absence
- Closely monitor the safe running of the plant and report any engineering or safety concerns to local management
- Assist the site teams with the secure processing of material
- Monitor, adjust and maintain machines
- Operate forklifts and perform preventive maintenance on forklift equipment
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Have formal engineering qualifications (City & Guilds or equivalent) and be prepared to receive additional formal engineering training
- Have or be prepared to work towards a formal H&S qualification (IOSH/NEBOSH)
- Have the ability to manage and prioritise own workload
- Utilise technical expertise in problem solving and identify faults (electrical/hydraulic/pneumatic)
- Welding and fabrication experience advantageous
- Assist with the training and development of other team member to ensure they are properly performing their job and meeting safety expectations
- Listen and interpret verbal and written instructions as it relates to equipment maintenance and operation
- Read, write and understand English for effective communication
- Work Rotating shifts, weekends and overtime
- Potential to work at heights or confined spaces
- Ability to lift up to 25kg
- Previous experience on commercial shredding equipment, conveyor and baling processes is desirable
- Heavy industrial plant experience
- Electrical experience and 16th/17th Edition desirable
- Previous experience as a certified forklift driver is desirable
- A full driving license is required, a vehicle will be supplied as part of the role
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4245
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find and New Job and Work in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England. Recruitment and CV Sourcing Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
If you’re happy to commute to Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England we’ll also consider candidates from the following locations: Marlborough, Malmesbury, Chippenham, Purton, Highworth, Wantage, Cirencester, Faringdon, Kemble, Melksham, Devizes, Thatcham, Burford, Abingdon, Didcot and surrounding areas
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk