Engineer / Maintenance Engineering Planner Wanted.
Are you an experienced Engineer or Engineering Planner, or someone currently working within a Planning, Data Analysis or Continuous Improvement role, who holds strong IT skills?
If so, then this role is for you.
SALARY: Circa. £30,000 per annum
LOCATION: Chinley, High Peak Derbyshire, East Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Monday – Thursday 07:00 – 16:00 and Friday 07:00 – 14:00 – Overtime Available based on Requirements
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Engineer / Maintenance Engineering Planner who has a solid understanding of maintenance processes to join our well-established team at alphagary based in Chinley, High Peak Derbyshire, East Midlands.
Working as the Engineer / Maintenance Engineering Planner you will be responsible for building and maintaining a strong relationship with production planning and the engineering team, to be able to find available downtime to plan in vital PPM maintenance for all equipment on site. You will then build the PPMs with the in-house engineers and Engineering Manager, ensuring the work orders are accurate for the works which need to be completed.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that contractors are booked in, and works are completed as per the schedule.
As the Engineer / Maintenance Engineering Planner you will attend daily Production meetings to provide input and to gain an understanding of how the department impacts the wider organisation and provide advance information on planned downtime. There is the potential for professional development and career progression.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Alphagary is part of the Orbia group, a community of companies working together to tackle some of the world's most complex challenges. We are bound by a common purpose: to Advance Life Around the World.
The Alphagary Chinley site produce PVC (Plastic) compounds which are used in long lasting applications such as window profiles, water pipes, garden hoses, power and data cables, medical hoses and masks. In addition to producing the compounds, we also manufacture our own environmentally friendly PVC additives and recycle products. The essential raw materials for PVC are derived from salt (57%) and oil (43%) making PVC one of the lowest carbon plastics (36%) available.
Your duties as the Engineer / Maintenance Engineering Planner include:
- Strive to improve the machine reliability of the site’s machinery
- Maintain a balance of PPMs and operational needs
- Coordinate PPM’s in a clear and timely manner
- Log initial work orders and once complete, receive feedback from engineers to update systems or create follow-up work accordingly. Once complete, follow up with fault reporter
- Advanced planning of schedules- seven days forward
- Analyse downtime data to find priority areas for improvement (MTBF, MTTR, OEE)
- Create maintenance reports as required by the Engineering Manager
- Schedule and plan long term PPM regimens (12 months in advance)
- Permitting internal and external engineers and contractors
- Filing of statutory and non-statutory engineering paperwork
- Work with the Engineering Manager to assess KPI’s and how to improve on them
- Liaise with Production Planner to coordinate planned works
- Identify and create Autonomous Maintenance schedules. Moving basic tasks from Engineering to Production department
- Strong IT skills, in particular MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrate good judgement, problem solving, analysis and decision-making skills
- Full understanding of safe working practices and relevant legislation where applicable
- Accuracy/attention to detail
- Have a flexible, team working attitude
- CMMS knowledge and understanding
- Possess a solid understanding of systems such as electrical, mechanical and plumbing
- Experience of completing the maintenance planner role in a similar environment
- Trained to understand and critique RAMS
Why choose Alphagary?
Advancing Life - You see and touch our durable, high-performance and sustainable materials everywhere, every day
Keeping You Safe - Our culture of safety is dynamic and deliberate. Our greatest asset are our people
Values that Matter - Embracing Diversity, Taking Responsibility, Being Brave
Hands-on Training -You’ll receive on-the-job training and guidance to keep you learning and gaining highly marketable skills
Like many of your teammates
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8478
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of alphagary