Tenancy Engagement and Enforcement Officer with experience in managing conflict, victim and witness support and in dealing with anti-social behaviour, including taking statements and presenting cases in Court, is required for a well-established Housing Organisation based in Poole, Dorset, South West England.
SALARY: £27,041 - £31,346 pro rata
BENEFITS: Generous holiday allowance, Local Government Pension Scheme, Free Parking and the opportunity to work remotely for part of the week
LOCATION: Poole, Dorset, South West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
HOURS: 37 hours per week
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will need to have a driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes. You will also need to be able to meet with customers off-site to undertake occasional evening and weekend work (time off in lieu available)
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Tenancy Engagement and Enforcement Officer with experience in managing conflict, victim and witness support and in dealing with anti-social behaviour, including taking statements and presenting cases in Court.
Working as the Tenancy Engagement and Enforcement Officer you will manage more complex anti-social behaviour and hoarding cases, advising and supporting residents to maintain their tenancies and promoting safe and sustainable communities through multi-agency working, resident involvement, mediation and enforcement of tenancy conditions.
As the Tenancy Engagement and Enforcement Officer you will have an excellent understanding of prevention and intervention measures and good knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act. A good understanding of the housing sector would be an advantage.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Tenancy Engagement and Enforcement Officer will include:
- Case-manage a number of complex ASB and tenancy breach cases
- Undertake prompt initial triage assessment of all ASB reports, and ensure cases are opened and assigned to appropriate Officers
- Work intensively with tenants, leaseholders and other agencies
- Manage multi agency action plans via case conferences, Vulnerable Victim Protocols and close liaison with partners
- Produce witness statements and prepare legal cases for enforcement action
- Attend multi agency case conferences and multi-disciplinary action groups, such as Intel, Safer Neighbourhood Team Panels, Vulnerable Victim Conference
- Maintain case management databases and provide statistics for cases
- Produce reports on performance for various audiences and benchmark services
- Assist the Communications Officer in promoting the work of the team in order to highlight successes and reduce the fear of crime
- Work with other agencies to investigate and combat housing fraud. Assist tenants to understand how to avoid committing tenancy and benefit fraud
- Monitor the performance of mediation services and any other agencies, to achieve maximum effectiveness and value for money
- Make referrals to work closely with support team and other external support providers to ensure tenancies can be maintained
- Review cases on a regular basis to ensure performance and procedural targets met
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
Candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- Tackling anti-social behaviour or relevant work experience in either the criminal justice or legal systems
- Taking statements and presenting cases in Court
- Mediation, victim and witness support
- Good standard of general education including Maths and English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Strong negotiating and mediating skills
- Able to work under pressure, on own initiative and flexibly to demanding timescales
- Committed to learning and development
- Excellent understanding of prevention and intervention measures
- Good knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g. Anti-Social Behaviour Act, Crime & Disorder Act)
- Good understanding of social housing
- Positive attitude to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Passionate about making communities safe and strong and ensuring customers help shape the service
- Access to a vehicle for work purposes
- Able to meet with customers off site to undertake occasional evening and weekend work (time off in lieu available)
- Occasional attendance at regional and national conferences, seminars and events
HOW TO APPLY
Once you’ve applied for this role through this site you will be required to complete an online application form and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
JOB REF: AWDO-C6431
Full-Time, Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Poole, Dorset. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk