Employer Engagement Officer / Student Enrichment & Events Coordinator with exceptional organisation skills and the ability to continuously develop new employer engagement, activities and opportunities for learners is required for a leading Specialist Vocational College based in London.
SALARY: £24,000 – £26,000 per annum
WORKING HOURS: 40 Hours per Week, Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm with occasional Saturdays / Evenings
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic job opportunity for an Employer Engagement Officer / Student Enrichment & Events Coordinator with exceptional organisation skills and the ability to continuously develop new employer engagement, activities and opportunities for learners.
The Employer Engagement Officer / Student Enrichment & Events Coordinator is responsible for designing, delivering and coordinating a high-quality programme of enrichment activities to complement students’ vocational studies. This will include industry talks, opportunities for work experience and events with employers, talks and seminars from industry specialists and participation in exciting events across the beauty, hair and media make up and fitness sectors.
You will engage employers in Job Shop - posting vacancies and liaising with students regarding CV applications.
Working as the Employer Engagement Officer / Student Enrichment & Events Coordinator you will engage and network with employers enabling students to maximise their exposure to the industries they are studying in and the wide-ranging opportunities available to them through industry talks, events and work experience. You will also be responsible for engaging new employers for cross college business development opportunities and for sharing and promoting cross college services to the employers.
As the Employer Engagement Officer / Student Enrichment & Events Coordinator you will work with the Programme Managers within the College to ensure the activities are suitable to the learners’ needs and timetables. You will also need to make sure that the activities are in line with the latest industry trends and developments, which is essential to ensuring the delivery of a successful enrichment programme.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Develop an employer focused and high quality enrichment programme of events to meet the learners’ interests. Support learner progression to employment and support learners to be engaged and retained on their vocational programmes of study
- Build relationships with external organisations to ensure a rolling programme of activities and industry talks are available to the students (industry talks take place daily)
- Develop existing relationships to widen the employer involvement in supporting college based activities
- Research and explore work experience, events and opportunities available in the required sectors
- Account Manage activity with key partners to ensure ongoing support of the enrichment programmes and activities
- Provide resources to support students to develop as self-employed or freelancers
- Support linking employers to the college recruitment service
- Work flexibly to allow learners to access activities and opportunities at all times (evening and weekend working will be required)
- Accompany and oversee learners at external work experience / charity events
- Provide presentations to new groups regarding the Enrichment opportunities available to them during their time at college
- Work to monthly employer engagement and enrichment activity targets
- Work closely with colleagues within the Business Development department to proactively develop opportunities for further business
- Employer engagement experience (e.g. sales, recruitment, account management)
- Experience of co-ordinating multiple events, workshops at once
- Experience of working in a sales focused environment to targets
- Experience with Management information systems / CRM (desirable)
- Experience of working as an Admissions Advisor (desirable)
- Experience of using MIS systems for tracking of activities
- Track record of achieving challenging targets
- Working to targets and data analysis / reporting to Senior Management
- Experience of working in a commercial student focused environment (desirable)
- Experience of working in the beauty, hair and media make up or Fitness industry (desirable)
- Ability to work to deadlines, targets, multi-task and manage multiple projects at once
- Good written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to present to groups of students
- Excellent customer service skills with the passion and drive to provide students and an exciting, enjoyable and continuously developing enrichment programme
- Must be adept in using MS Office, particularly Excel
- English to GCSE/A Level qualification or equivalent
- NVQ/Diploma in Beauty Therapy Level 2, BTEC National Diploma, ITEC or equivalent
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4649
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk