Electrical Technician who is highly motivated and customer focused, with ability to work both independently and as part of a team is required for a well-established pharmaceutical company based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
SALARY: Starting from £35,000 per annum
LOCATION: Abingdon, Oxfordshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Electrical Technician who is highly motivated and customer focused, with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Working as an Electrical Technician you will join the maintenance team who are primarily responsible for maintenance and repair of Utilities and Production Process plant equipment.
As an Electrical Technician you will be required to maintain site services such as AHU’s, extract fans/motors, water systems (process /domestic) inclusive of pumps, calorifiers, boilers, pressurisation units, and vacuum systems.
Your role as an Electrical Technician will include:
- Execute Planned Preventative Maintenance to ensure that the building, plant and equipment continues to support day to day operations
- Maintain site services; AHU’s, extract fans/motors, water systems (process /domestic) inclusive of pumps, calorifiers, boilers, pressurisation units, and vacuum systems
- Maintain all electrical systems and perform fault finding where failures occur
- Undertake routine emergency light testing, external lighting checks and associated remedial works
- Liaise with and support external contractors in maintaining; Gas Boilers, Compressed Air, UPS, AC/Chillers, Water System dosing, BMS, PAT and Fixed Wire testing
- As a Team member, support routine activities such as Weekly Fire Alarm Testing, and daily checks to verify correct operation of plant
- Action maintenance/engineering requests, either internally or by use of external contractors for specialist work
- Occasional weekend or out of hours work and participation in on-call rota
- Undertake the duties outlined above and other duties as directed by the Maintenance Manager and from time to time carry out any additional tasks as may be required to support the Company
- Indentured Electrical Apprenticeship
- NVQ Level 2/3 Electrical or equivalent
- 17/18th Edition Qualified
- Electrical Maintenance experience gained in a manufacturing/facilities environment is essential
- Experience gained in a regulated, GMP or ATEX environment would be advantageous
- Self motivated, enthusiastic, co-operative and reliable
- Able to learn new techniques/procedures (ATEX)
- Customer focused, with ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to work methodically with attention to detail, even when under pressure
- Basic computer Literacy and knowledge of H&S practices is expected
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8580
Full-time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk