Multi-Skilled Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Maintenance Engineer (EC&I) / Critical Facilities Service Technician Supervisor who has an M&E / multi-skilled engineering background with an electrical bias and good shift supervisory skills is required to join our team at Iron Mountain.
Candidates MUST have a High Voltage Ticket and previous experience managing / supervising a small team to techs (usually 2 per shift)
SALARY: Very Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
LOCATION: Slough, Berkshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Multi-Skilled Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Maintenance Engineer (EC&I) / Critical Facilities Service Technician Supervisor (known within the business as a Senior Critical Facilities Technician) who has an M&E multi-skilled engineering background with an electrical bias and good shift supervisory skills, as you will be managing / supervising a small team of techs (usually 2 per shift). Although you will still need to be hand’s on.
Due to continuous expansion of the business area we have an opportunity for a Multi-Skilled Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Maintenance Engineer (EC&I) / Critical Facilities Service Technician Supervisor to join our Slough based team.
Working as the Multi-Skilled Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Maintenance Engineer (EC&I) / Critical Facilities Service Technician Supervisor you will take responsibility for the maintenance and management of all the mechanical and electrical systems that form the critical data centre infrastructure.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 1951, Iron Mountain is a global leader for storage and information services.
At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary, while helping them bridge the physical and digital world. Our people have the opportunity to bring their creativity to a workplace that thrives on change. Here, you will be part of a team that doesn’t just embrace what’s exceptional. It creates exceptional.
Iron Mountain Data Centres, a division of Iron Mountain incorporated, is a leading provider of wholesale data centre and colocation services. The company’s national portfolio of underground and purpose-built data centres addresses the exacting requirements of highly regulated organisations such as Federal Government agencies, Fortune 1000 enterprises, healthcare and life sciences organisations, financial services companies and cloud services providers. Iron Mountain data centre services include dedicated data centres, private data centre suites, secure cages, individual cabinets, helping hands remote support, and carrier-neutral network services. For more than 30 years, discerning colocation customers continue to choose Iron Mountain data centre services for the company’s proven track record, successful relationships, maximum efficiency, predictable results and established reputation as the safe choice.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Multi-Skilled Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Maintenance Engineer (EC&I) / Critical Facilities Service Technician Supervisor:
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on electrical and mechanical equipment
- Physical monitoring of equipment, conditions and technical performance
- Supervise the Facilities Technician and Control Room Operative on shift
- Monitoring and responding to alerts, alarms and emergencies
- Solving complex problems in electrical/ mechanical equipment and control systems
- Solve problems quickly or delegate to a supplier
- Carrying out daily inspections on critical infrastructure, including data collection and evaluation
- Build, test, install circuits and cables for computer rooms
- Repairs and preventative maintenance on cooling machines, pumps and cooling towers
- Supervising external suppliers to ensure that operating procedures are followed
- Multi-skilled, M&E / Mechanical and Electrical Engineering background with an electrical bias
- MUST have a High Voltage Ticket
- Related experience as a Maintenance Engineer or a Service Engineer within a 24/ 7/ 365 operating environment
- Experience of acting as shift supervisor
- Experience of HV switching and constructing safety switching programmes
- Experienced in working on UPS, generators, chillers and other plant associated with critical environments
- Customer focused with a service-oriented attitude
- Knowledge of testing equipment including; multimeters, infrared meter data cable testers and power analysers
- Continuously focussed to make improvements in the quality of the infrastructure and service
- Ability to document activity to a high accuracy level
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Iron Mountain
JOB REF: AWDO-P5806
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Slough, Berkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.