Editorial Assistant / Trainee or Junior Editor that works to a high level of accuracy with excellent knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling, and has a passion for books with an entry-level understanding of basic editorial duties, including copywriting, copy-editing and proofreading, is required for an international publishing company based in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire (30 minutes by train from London Euston).
LOCATION: Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
** Excellent Career Progression Opportunities **
** Full Training Provided **
** Recent Graduates Considered **
We have a fantastic job opportunity for a highly creative Editorial Assistant / Trainee or Junior Editor who has a passion for books and is keen to start a career in the publishing industry.
As the Editorial Assistant / Trainee or Junior Editor, you will work to a high level of accuracy with excellent knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling. You will also have an entry-level understanding of basic editorial duties, including copywriting, copy-editing and proofreading.
Working as the Editorial Assistant / Trainee or Junior Editor, you will have a wide range of responsibilities, such as providing administrative support to the Studio, maintaining the in-house editorial content systems, creating content for the company catalogue, checking and organising reprint files, and updating the website and social media accounts.
Successful candidates can expect to gain in-depth industry knowledge combined with hands-on experience within this growing publishing company.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Editorial Assistant / Trainee or Junior Editor include:
- Supplying general administrative support to the Studio, including managing file and author copies, and maintaining in-house editorial content systems
- Preparing advance information sheets, ensuring they are kept up to date throughout each new season
- Creating content for and assisting in the preparation of the company catalogue
- Helping check and organise files for reprints in accordance with agreed schedules and processes, and helping to maintain reprint notes
- Assisting the Senior Editor and contributing to the content of new titles – planning, researching and editing to agreed briefs and specifications
- Directing customer enquiries through the correct team and responding to all relevant enquiries in a timely manner
- Coordinating with external contributors, such as Americanisers and consultants
- Helping to update the website and social media accounts under the guidance and supervision of the Digital and Social Media teams
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
Candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- Have a passion for children’s books
- Have an entry-level understanding of basic editorial duties, including copywriting, copy-editing and proofreading
- Must enjoy collaborating with others and brainstorming creative ideas
- Must be very organised, motivated and be able to work well under pressure
- Must have a meticulous nature with a keen eye for detail
- Must be confident, creative and have a flair for writing
- Have excellent time-management and problem-solving skills
- Have a good foundation knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4847
Full-Time, Permanent Creative / Publishing Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find and new job and work in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk