Editorial Assistant / Junior or Trainee Editor is required for an international publishing company based in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire (30 minutes by train from London Euston).
The candidate will have a passion for books; an entry-level understanding of basic editorial duties, including copywriting, copy-editing and proofreading; excellent knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling; a meticulous nature and a keen eye for detail.
LOCATION: Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire (30 minutes by train from London Euston).
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
** Excellent Career Progression Opportunities **
** Full Training Provided **
** Recent Graduates Considered **
We have a fantastic job opportunity for a highly creative Editorial Assistant / Junior or Trainee Editor who has a passion for books and is keen to start a career in the publishing industry.
As the Editorial Assistant / Junior or Trainee Editor, you will work to a high level of accuracy and have an excellent knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling. You will also have an entry-level understanding of basic editorial duties, including copywriting, copy-editing and proofreading.
Working as the Editorial Assistant / Junior or Trainee Editor, you will have a wide range of responsibilities, such as providing administrative support to the Studio, maintaining the in-house editorial content systems, creating content for the company catalogue, checking and organising reprint files, and updating the website and social media accounts.
Successful candidates can expect to gain in-depth industry knowledge combined with hands-on experience within this growing publishing company.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Editorial Assistant / Junior or Trainee Editor include:
- Supplying general administrative support to the Studio, including managing file and author copies, and maintaining in-house editorial content systems
- Creating content for and assisting in the preparation of the company catalogue
- Helping check and organise files for reprints in accordance with agreed schedules and processes, and helping to maintain reprint notes
- Assisting the team leaders and contributing to the content of new titles – planning, researching, writing and editing to agreed briefs and specifications
- Directing customer enquiries through the correct team and responding to all relevant enquiries in a timely manner
- Coordinating with external contributors, such as Americanisers and consultants
- Helping to update the website and social media accounts under the guidance and supervision of the Digital and Social Media teams
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
As the Editorial Assistant / Junior or Trainee Editor you will have the following skills and experience:
- Have a passion for children’s books
- Have an entry-level understanding of basic editorial duties, including copywriting, copy-editing and proofreading
- Must enjoy collaborating with others and brainstorming creative ideas
- Must be very organised, motivated and be able to work well under pressure
- Must have a meticulous nature with a keen eye for detail
- Must be confident, creative and have a flair for writing
- Have excellent time-management and problem-solving skills
- Have a good foundation knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be located within easy commutable distance of Berkhamsted
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6120
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find and new job and work in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk